Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Shortlist of which film to watch tonight – I'm sure we'll have done this before
  • muzzle
    Free Member

I have an evening sans missus, which means I get to choose which film to watch for once. Here’s my Lovefilm shortlist of films I really should have seen but haven’t yet. Which do the STW panel recommend?

* Once Upon A Time in Mexico (I’ve seen El Mariachi – which was ace, and Desperado – which wasn’t)
    * Django
    * Mean Streets
    * North By Northwest
    * Infernal Affairs (I’ve seen The Departed, which I really enjoyed – do I need to see this too?)
    * Iron Sky

All intelligent debate and petty squabbling appreciated – spoilers not so much. Ta.

RustySpanner

You know what you have to do:
    S’got to be North By Norhwest.

Don’t borrow Laura’s Mercedes.

zilog6128

Iron Sky is excellent daft fun but surprised me with what I thought was a thoughtful and intelligent ending! Not seen any of the others so can’t comment on those.

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

I enjoyed Django, a little long but typically Tarentino in style and finish.

When I’m home alone I usually end up at steepedge.com watching mountain biking and climbing vids. PSA.

stevie750

Django, if it’s the original Franco Nero version

Great film

muzzle
    Free Member

Yeah Django, not Django Unchained. Although I admit that my desire to see Django is largely down to the fact that I loved Django Unchained.

rwc03
    Free Member

You’ll hate once upon a time in Mexico if you didn’t like Desperado.

grievoustim
    Free Member

Mean Streets is ace, but nothing much actually happens. I’m fine with this, you may not be

As above OUATIM is a re-run of desperado

Infernal Affairs didn’t really hold my attention, watch if you like Hong Kong style cinema. It’s not as good as The Departed

North by northwest is fantastic

Not seen Django, but I intend to watch it soon

martinhutch

North By Northwest followed by Iron Sky….is that cheating?

darrell
    Free Member

Iron Sky is awful

but great at the same time

I watched it with a group of German mates. I think this enhanced my “experience”

😆

youngrob

+1 for North by Northwest.

Followed by Infernal Affairs

buck53

You won’t like OUATIM, Django is good but you need to be in that ‘cult film’ mindset, don’t expect anything like Unchained, it’s basically a caper movie that takes about an hour to get started.

Mean Streets it’s good, not as good as Goodfellas etc. IMHO, North by Northwest is a stone cold classic and still stands up, Infernal Affairs is not as good as The Departed, for me. Ssaw it before the remake but the Scorcese film blows it out the water, haven’t seen Iron sky so can’t comment.

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

Real Madrid v Man utd, out of the films listed

muzzle
    Free Member

Wouldn’t mind watching Real v Man U, but I don’t have Sky Sports any more – cancelled it last year when I realised I was watching no more than one game per month.

It’s looking like North By Northwest then, unless anybody cares to sway my opinion before this evening…?

IHN

NNW FTW

binners

Wouldn’t mind watching Real v Man U, but I don’t have Sky Sports any more – cancelled it last year when I realised I was watching no more than one game per month.

So did everyone else. That’s the only reason there are more than 3 pubs still open in the UK. Surely an evening sans missus suggests a stroll down the boozer, with the papers, to shout abuse at Ronnie 😉

martinhutch

Watching Man U on your night of freedom. Surely not…

How about a bit of catch up telly on the computer?

Google the words ‘Chilli. Sand. Bleach. And a spoon’ for my recommendation, if you’ve not already enjoyed it.

muzzle
    Free Member

Nice idea binners. Not sure I should leave the 3 year-old and 5 year-old home alone though…! Come to think of it, any STW babysitters available in Sheffield? 🙂

I also have Predators and Badlands on Sky+… anybody recommend either of these?

transporter13
    Free Member

In Bruges here 8)

Northwind

Once Upon a Time in Mexico is just Desperado without the restraint 😆 You’ll hate it.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Shortlist of which film to watch tonight – I'm sure we'll have done this before’ is closed to new replies.