• This topic has 15 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by jsm.
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • what expresso machine?
  • finners

just a simple, no frills machine required. Thanks 🙂

RobHilton
    Free Member

expresso

sharkbait
    Free Member

😐

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Given your spelling, something faux with pods 😉

AdamW
    Free Member

cloudnine
    Free Member

Gagging classic

captainsasquatch
    Free Member
    andyl
    Free Member

Got this: http://www.amazon.co.uk/DeLonghi-ECAM22-110-SB-Automatic-Coffee-Machine/dp/B00400OMUK/ref=sr_1_11?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1436102497&sr=1-11

It’s excellent. Bought it just before christmas as it was a present from the OH and I got to open it and drink far too much coffee experimenting on Christmas day. I probably have 4-6 shots a day in various drinks including iced lattes.

Annoyingly the milk carafe version was about the same price after Christmas but never mind.

Bad time of year to buy unfortunately, they discount them massively at sale time (mine was £270).

If you want simple consider an aeropress or next up is a Gaggia Classic but you have to buy ground beans or a grinder as well.

chewkw
    Free Member

Op,

What’s your budget?

I know two STW forum regulars selling their Gaggia Classic if you prefer something like that.

Or if you want something higher end?

😀

mrblobby
    Free Member

Sounds like you want a speedy coffee.

highcadence
    Free Member

Gaggia classic is very good. Im a trained barista and have one at home and i get the same extraction from mine than the 6 branch i have at work which costs about £8k its all how you use it. Dont use the crap steam arm that comes with it and give it time and it will reward well. The new 2015 is far better than the 2014. And if you dont want to put a bit if effort in get a pod machine some are actually not that bad nowadays

finners

Ok, sorry about the typo. Done in rush on phone. Don’t worry, I’ve slapped myself on the wrist on your behalf.

I don’t need anything fancy. Basic, nice and simple. No milk “frother” etc required.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Just get a Gaggia Classic and a decent grinder (like this one).

Also get yourself a bottomless portafilter for it and read this. Then go practice your shots. Can take a while to get it all right but it’s worth the effort.

Use decent freshly roasted beans too. Currently enjoying Rave’s Italian Job. Buy small quantities at a time and keep in a sealed container.

MrSmith
    Free Member

The new 2015 is far better than the 2014.

in what way? i thought there were changes to the 3 way solenoid or OPV that meant the older pre-phillips machines were better? not 100% on this but keen to know what the changes are to a 2015 machine.

jsm

I’m selling my classic if that helps link to for sale forum

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘what expresso machine?’ is closed to new replies.