Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)
  • What events do you have lined up for 2014?
  • tpbiker
    Free Member

GT 7 and the Tour of the borders for me. May be tempted to try the king of the hill, but given I’m hopeless I’ll need to think long and hard about that one.

Also planning a wee road trip to the Alps to tackle Alp Dhuez and Venteux next June, followed by the Passportes 🙂

coopersport1
    Free Member

Ironbike again if I’m stupid enough and World Solo champs if I survive a 2nd trip to Italy

BenHouldsworth
    Free Member

So far the Ronde Van Calderdale and Ten under Ben, likely some Super Randonneur Audaxes as well

trailhound
    Free Member

Having never entered an organised bike event in my life, am looking forward to doing (hopefully) the whole UKGravity enduro series next year. I’d also like to try 1or2 of the events at the tweedlove festival. HobNob – if one was thinking of maybe, possibly looking into a round of the super enduro, where would be a good place to head for info/tips etc?

breadcrumb

Signed up as part of a quad for the puffer. I signed up for Ten under the Ben too, but it’s my sister-in-laws wedding, so I’ll have to miss out on that.

Isn’t there a series around Kielder/Newcastleton?

composite
    Free Member

This is the list I put together. Some of the dates are rough based on when they were happened in the past.

Sun Dec 29th, Spam Winter Challenge
    Sat Jan 11, There ‘n’ Back
    Sun Feb 23, Cannock Chase Winter Classic
    May – Welsh Ride Thing
    May – Erlestoke Twelve
    Sat Jun 21, Mountain Mayhem
    July – Insomnia
    Sat Jul 26, Manx 100
    Aug – Sleepless in the Saddle
    Sat Aug 23, 12:12 TORQ in your SLEEP
    Sun Sept 7th, Isle of Man End-to-End
    Sun 5th Oct, Hell of the West
    Oct – Dusk till Dawn
    Sat Oct 11, BB200

Fuzzyfelt – Member

SPAM Erlestoke12 will be back again on Saturday May 25th.

May 25th is a Sunday?

bullandbladder
    Free Member

The Marmotte.

offthebrakes
    Free Member

IronBike hopefully for me too.
    Most of the Gorrick and ACU events.
    Possibly Erlestoke, if I can cancel the thing it clashes with.
    Maybe a VTT rando somewhere in France if funds allow.

benji
    Free Member

Lots more cross, hopefully yorkshire will run there summer series again, so that means I can race all year round.

Mixed in with some single speed fun, see a few of you at Cannock in February.

tenfoot

Insomnia in July
    Hopefully at least one round of Whipstakes
    Plus I have signed up to ride Hadrian’s Cycleway with some old workmates

bjj.andy.w
    Free Member

Got a few things in the pipeline, namely :
    Sam houghton challange – did the 50k route in 3hr 10min this year. Hoping to go under 3hrs next time.
    Gisburn gravity enduro – First time I’d done any gravity enduro and enjoyed it immensely. So much so I want to do a few of the :
    Uk gravity enduro rounds.
    Also started road biking in earnest this year and really enjoying it so if I get accepted I fancy doing:
    The Fred Whitton

andrewh
    Free Member

highlandman – Member
    Andrewh- Good luck with your WHWRace application. First time, or done it before? I’ll be there, at the start, the finish and several places in between..
    Sean.

Application? Are we thinking of the same ‘race’? The very unofficial one mid-may? And no, ridden bits of it but not all of it and certainy not all at once. Any tips?

oldgit
    Free Member

The usual’s will be, roughly in order;
    Chiltern Classics (all 6)
    The Rapha
    Full road race season.
    Some FNSS XC races.
    Possibly another 24 solo?
    SR Pyrenees.
    Full CX season.
    A smattering of sportives, a few trips onto mainland Europe; Flanders, French coast maybe the Pyerenees.

pipiom
    Free Member

13 of us coming over for 3 days at Dales Bike Centre…. Ratrace Crossing this year

scandalous
    Free Member

April: two tonnes of gravel 200m gravel race
    April: Sheff to portmadog 155m road
    May: WRT or a very long multiday self supported ride
    June: C2C sportif
    June: Yorkshire tour stages
    August: Charlie bike mongers gravel event?
    October: BB200

3500 total mileage.

I hope!

Fuzzyfelt
    Free Member

Composite – well noticed! Erlestoke 12 Saturday 24th 🙂

gazerath
    Free Member

How hard are the UKGravity enduro events? I did my first 4 hour enduro last year in the summer and will admit I was as slow as a snail by the 3rd hour but really enjoyed it.

Making the phone call tonight with my freind to book some events into the calender

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Megavalanche

Nothing else planned but open to suggestions.

LoCo
    Free Member

Have entered the Wentwood 50k as motivation to not stuff my face too much over christmas too. 😀

Northwind

tpbiker – Member

May be tempted to try the king of the hill, but given I’m hopeless I’ll need to think long and hard about that one.

Might be worth a wee word with the tweedlove chaps, the first one was a relatively “inclusive” route, hardest thing on it was broon troot at glentress. (well, IMO the hardest thing was the 2 timed climbs but not everyone agrees!) But last year upped the ante a lot, one of the cademuir stages was especially tricky. No idea which direction it’ll go this year myself.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Dyfi Enduro (do it every year)
    ‘Ard Rock Enduro
    Inaugural North Pennines MTB Marathon (which I’m organising)
    And I quite fancy the Alpkit gravel race in April.

Thankfully the LEL isn’t on next year.

freeagent
    Free Member

Riding from Central London to Llanberis, then climbing/walking up Snowdon – in September next year.

My Brother had been planning to do it, but died from Liver Cancer in October this year.

I’m doing it with about 10 of his mates, to raise money for a research fund at UCLH managed by his surgeon.

thetallpaul
    Free Member

Currently persuading myself to ride in the New Years Day CX race at Ripley Castle. I’ll be on my Clockwork though, so just for giggles and hangover cure.

Plan to do the Coast to Coast Wheelwrights route in the summer.

Would love to do the Megavalanche, but not going to happen 😥

chrispo
    Free Member

Everything in Wales

Also looking at the Lanzarote stage race in January – anybody done it?

andyrm
    Free Member

Doing a bit less racing next season than in 2013 (which was a ridiculously busy season) due to family commitments, so focusing on the big ones that I really enjoyed this year, plus a couple of other biggies:

– Enduro World Series Tweedlove (main EWS race)
    – Heaven of the South
    – Superenduro Monti Della Tolfa
    – Enduro World Series final, Finale Ligure
    – Bristol Bikefest

MrSparkle

Three Peaks
    Brownbacks series
    SSUK
    SSEC
    A few o’ them Yorkshire Challenge ride thingies
    Mary Towneley Challenge
    All being well.

benji
    Free Member

Currently persuading myself to ride in the New Years Day CX race at Ripley Castle. I’ll be on my Clockwork though, so just for giggles and hangover cure.

There is a novice/fun race as well as the serious nutters race. Already entered, so might see you there, SuperX and Arrows Cycles riding kit.

Brownbacks
    Free Member

Brownbacks series

there won’t be a series, entry numbers don’t make it worthwhile, something else will take place in 2014 which better take less time organising as I can’t even get the time to sort out the left overs of 2013 at the moment

plop_pants
    Free Member

Classics sportive double, full Flanders and Paris Roubaix.
    Flanders makes me smile from start to finish. Paris Roubaix on the other hand…… 😐

postierich
    Free Member

Dyfi
    SSUK
    A couple of marathons Selkirk Wales somewhere
    Bear Bones
    Lakeland 200
    Might even do an Enduro 🙂

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Ssuk
    Ssec if can afford
    Ctbms gravel thingy sounds good
    Possibly roc dazur for my birthday treat

MrSparkle

there won’t be a series, entry numbers don’t make it worthwhile, something else will take place in 2014 which better take less time organising as I can’t even get the time to sort out the left overs of 2013 at the moment

Ok then, Brownbacks series whatever the hell they come up with this time! 😀

I’ve sent you a couple of emails btw. Reply when you get chance, please.

Shred
    Free Member

Marmotte
    Manx100
    Manx End2End
    Possibly Isle of Man CC

Lots of riding in between to be fit enough!

gee
    Free Member

The usual calendar here…

Brass Monkeys Winter Series
    National XC Series
    Southern XC Series
    Erlestoke 6hr solo
    Gorrick 100
    Bikefest
    Mayhem
    Nat XC Champs
    Torq 12:12
    Oktoberfest
    Charlie’s thing sounds fun
    D2D

s1m0n
    Free Member

My main event for 2014 is just getting back on bike. Currently inactive after shattering heel. Hope to be back on bike by spring and running again shortly thereafter.

Looking at the lists of events people are considering is making me look forward to getting back on the saddle. No pain no gain or so they say -plenty of the former at the moment.

Viewing 35 posts - 41 through 75 (of 75 total)

The topic ‘What events do you have lined up for 2014?’ is closed to new replies.