Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Estate for £25k?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

My company car is up for renewal and I’d now like and estate, my budget is £25k, it must be diesel and CO2 is limited to 150 (although I’d like the benefit in kind value to be as low as poss). I’m currently looking at the Mondeo, but what else is worth considering? Thanks.

br
    Free Member

If you want the BIK to be as low as possible, spend less.

A £15k car will cost you only 3/5th’s of a £25k car.

I did this a few years ago (took a Vectra over a 5 series) and it paid for my MTBing – and ‘cos I took a lower spec car I also kept some of my car allowance.

FuzzyWuzzy

Skoda Superb (might have to be a Greenline though for sub-150 so not much power) or a Passat Bluemotion?

molgrips
    Free Member

Passat Bluemotions come in 140bhp so I assume the Skoda will do too. Plenty of power there.

40mpg

Can recommend Passat – although mine’s 4 years old now. The most un-exciting car i’ve ever had, but roomy, comfy and gets me everywhere with absolutely no fuss whatsoever. Great for loading bikes and mates on/in (and family too!) and chugging round the country at 50mpg.

Starting to comsider replacing it in a year or so’s time when it’ll be at around 120k miles and thinking either same again or Mondeo. However all the stories I hear about Ford servicing are putting me off that route a bit.

ericemel
    Free Member

Volvo V40 @ 99g Co2 and 115hp – really a winner on tax if you are trying to save £££ if not a Passat.

theblackmount
    Free Member

Mazda 6

LoCo
    Free Member

Secondhand high spec A6, which is what I’ll be replacing the Passat ‘sport’ ( 😆 ) with, although I may have to buy a Five to go on the roof to conform to all the cliches in on go 😉 😳

ianpinder
    Free Member

Passat estate is 120g co2 for the 140hp version.

The Hyundai i40 estate drives better and has more kit and is slightly bigger for less money. Also 120g co2 I think for 140hp

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Sköda Superb, FTW.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Estate for £25k?’ is closed to new replies.