Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • What engine is in my Ford C-Max (and alarm Q)…
  • the-muffin-man

I’ve just bought an early 2008 (Jan) C-Max with a 1.8 petrol Duratec HE engine.

I’m trying to find out if this has a timing belt or chain. Chain seems to be the concensus online, but does anyone know for sure. Or should I pop into a Ford dealer. And if it is a chain, how often should it be changed?

Secondly – my dog travels with me and my old car didn’t have an alarm (it was that old!). How do I leave the windows down a few inches without the alarm going off?*

(*and no I don’t leave the dog in a hot car for hours, 10 mins or so when popping into a shop max).

Ta!

andyl
    Free Member

not conclusive but putting your car details into Eurocarparts tells me there is a timing chain kit available but not a belt kit.

Checking at ford with the reg/VIN would be best if there is any doubt and 2 versions.

edit: and for the dog, do you have a button anywhere to disable the ultrasonic sensors or is there a way to do it with the key? worth checking the handbook. It might be a case of not being able to turn the alarm on if that is an option though.

gifferkev

On our 58 plate c-max(mk2 model), 3 pushes of the locking button diables the internal sensors. I think it’s 1 push locks, 2 pushes deadlocks and 3 disables the internals. should be in the manual.

porter_jamie

email me the vin or reg and i will look it up in etis (i work at Ford Dunton) but im fairly sure its a chain

mrmonkfinger
    Free Member

button right next to the driver window controls / door handle, in our 06 focus

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘What engine is in my Ford C-Max (and alarm Q)…’ is closed to new replies.