Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • What Emergency Apple Sized Rain Jacket
  • oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ive had a altura pocket rocket for a few months now, and it just doesnt fit me right, ive only used it about 3 times in emergency rain, and it just rides up on me at the front, this is a size medium too! im usually a small….ive tried the large as well and again its still just riding to high at the front and generally quite ill fitting for my gangly features 🙁

so what else is there about? in prinicipal i love the pocket rocket, its very very light, packs up to the size of an apple, and is exxxxxxtremely waterproof

any ideas?

ps any one wanna buy a 3 ride old pocket rocket black in medium 😉

GrahamS

I really like my Endura Helium.

http://road.cc/content/review/5058-endura-helium-jacket

It’s not quite apple-sized, but it packs up small enough to be stuffed in my Topeak Wedge with my tools and a tube.

It’s also considerably better quality than the ultra-packable “poly bag with sleeves” jackets (Pakajak!), fits nicely and has nice features like off-centre zip, reflectives, media pocket and a high neck.

sobriety
    Free Member

Montane featherlight velo.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    iainc

Endura pakajak here – does the job well

jamj1974

+1 for the Montane. You need the H2O version to get waterproofness.

aidso
    Free Member

+2 on the Montane. Had mine about a year and the color has run from putting in the washing machine but it works a treat.
    Keeps me dry but you have to keep moving, or layer up to keep the heat in.

richmtb

I’ve got a Montane Singletrack and its very good.

Slightly heavier than the Velo for a bit more tear resistance but still very light and packs down really small

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

ok thanks whats the sizing like on montane? im usually a 36-38 inch chest, gore stuff is my usual choice and usually a medium in that brand, but they dont offer such a small packable jacket

will have a look at the pakajack too, like i said i dont mind the thin material of the pocket rocket, its a great jacket, just fits me terribly

gren
    Free Member

Montane Singletrack here. Possibly slightly bigger than apple sized but certainly does the job. It’s a snug but not tight fit and long in the body and arms.

Similar sizing to Gore – I have mediums in both.

rusty90
    Free Member

I’m a 38″ chest and usually take medium (Gore Path in medium is fine). I’ve got a featherlight velo in large and this is a comfortable fit (on top of lycra). Definitely not too big.

themightysimmonite
    Free Member

I’d be interested in your jacket.
    What price are you looking for?
    ping me at x-scotia@sky.com

bennn
    Free Member

+however many, Montane.

Got the featherlite, showerproof, small, comfortable.

Simon

Another happy Montane Featherlite Velo user here.

stratman
    Free Member

I’ve a Castelli Sottile that packs into a jersey pocket. I’ve used it a few timed in the rain, and I haven’t boiled in the bag, even though I looks as if you would. I’ve also used it as an extra layer for early evening chill, when it also worked fine.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘What Emergency Apple Sized Rain Jacket’ is closed to new replies.