Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What else to do with 48.5K
  • esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Ok so me & the missus have spent most of it on clothes, booze, a telly, & a nifty beachcaster, but I'm gonna buy me summink shiney with 2 26" wheels & pedals, & it'll be bouncy. It'll also, because I'm BRITISH!, be built in somewhere like…I dunno, Halifax say. So, what'll it be?
    I'm an ageing XC rider who likes to be comfy & doesn't want to feel like he's riding an articulated bike. & I'm keeping the HT.

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

doesn't want to feel like he's riding an articulated bike

I'd avoid single pivot designs then.

DT78
    Free Member

*cough* Santa Cruz dropping prices of superlight and heckler frames (£799) *cough*

not orange I know….but still….

singletrackmind

That must be one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE tele.

onceinalifetime
    Free Member

Lapierre Zesty 914 perhaps may just be the ticket.
    Looks the dogs and certainly will urge you to ride more I would of thought.

+1 for the above comment even though I too am tempted in the future to buy Orange. I would definitely suggest to try a single pivot before laying down what an Orange costs.

Personally, it would be a Lapierre Zesty 914 or a Yeti asr 5 Carbon if I had the money to blow on a bike of that calibre.

Having said that, is the Yeti a single pivot even though it's got a link to control the shock stroke?

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

That must be one HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEEEEEE tele.

It's actually a portable, you haven't seen the size of the wife's wardrobe!

I realise I need to actually ride a 5. My mate had a Patriot & he loved it, I tried it but not really in anger. Dunno If I could own something French (or with a French name) It's not in my nature. 😉

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What else to do with 48.5K’ is closed to new replies.