Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)
  • What else eats up your disposable income ?
  • weeksy

Just seeing what STWers are ‘into’ and where their money goes if it’s not cycling/bikes/kit.

For me personally i’d like a 2nd bike, but currently my spare cash each month is going on my KTM Superduke and motorbike trackdays. I’m not neglecting the Spearfish having put a new HOPE BB in there just last night, but there’s not the spare cash at the moment to buy/build a nice commuter HT and winter type bike that i keep thinking “i’d like….”

ads678

Bloody kids………….

surfer
    Free Member

I have a wife and 2 teenagers. The concept of “disposable income” takes on a new meaning.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Just bikes. Problem is, outgoing is usually greater than incoming.

Karinofnine

My two dogs, and my effing car which has gobbled up literally thousands of pounds in the last two years 🙁

fasthaggis

Motorbikes

Weekends away

Being active is expensive,I need to couch potato more 🙂

Mister-P
    Free Member

thetallpaul
    Free Member

40th birthday prezzies/getaways and EuroDisney 8O.

Bike tools are costing a bit at the moment as I gradually upgrade the kit on the Clockwork.

Stoner
    Free Member

fixing that rear axle is going to cost you MrP

tomhoward

Restaurant food and nights out seem to be an increasing drain on resources.

New bike time I think, that way I’ll be too skint to eat and drink all my money!

crankboy
    Free Member

Disposable income?? i remember that concept . i have a 22 month old son today disposeable income is a concept from the distant past. i am havind a shop bought sandwich today if that counts.

BigButSlimmerBloke
    Free Member

scuba diving – jeez, you think biking burns holes in your pockets?
    bee-keeping, just statring but at least that should turn round some cash next year

brakes
    Free Member

nothing. there is only bicycles.

flowerpower
    Free Member

Dogs, kids and house.

Lovely old cottage in an idyllic position… Reality eats fuel, needs new windows, repainting, internally decorating, new bathroom and then new kitchen…

We often talk about moving to a modern house and actually having the time / money to ride bikes 😕

maccruiskeen

Sitting in cafes.

lemonysam
    Free Member

Climbing, wine, board games, books.

CaptJon
    Free Member

Howies.

Duane…
    Free Member

Climbing. Travelling. Just bought a MX5 with my flatmate (for a roadtrip), so that took a chunk.

Stoner
    Free Member

New tools, Defender parts, VW T4 parts, Frelander parts, oils and filters etc. But I do save a fair bit by doing must of the greasemonkey stuff myself now.

ThePinkster

After the bikes it’s got to be (in no particular order) –

House
    Pooch (thinking of getting another soon as well)
    Caravan & associated trips away
    Wife
    Chickens – they keep laying eggs so I have to buy more baking ingredients to use them up (it’s a terrible life).
    And after paying the best part of 300 quid to get the car through its MOT today I think I can add that to the list. Normally doesn’t cost much at all other than fuel though.

Cougar

I’m thinking of getting my salary paid directly to Tesco, it’ll cut out the middleman.

mightymule
    Free Member

B&Q.

Oh, and wine 8)

hmanchester
    Free Member

Kids and wife don’t eat into your disposable income, they eat into your actual income.

freeagent
    Free Member

6 year old daughter who has Ballet, Jazz and Tap dancing lessons, goes to drama classes, swimming lessons and rainbows.

2.5 year old daughter who does Ballet and tap lessons.

Large childcare bill for before/after school.

Weekly demands for money from school (tickets for XYZ/sponsor money/trips out)

240k Mortgage

Still paying my student loan off (circa £135 PCM)

when the little one starts school I’m hoping some of the disposable income is going to get eaten up by either a Toyota Landcruiser or a Nissan Patrol, as I want to do an overland trip to Morocco.

cr500dom
    Free Member

Motoring at the moment…..

New Family Car bringing up to scratch/MOT/Insarnce etc, My Van, Old family car getting ready for sale…..

Oh And My “Project” Supercharged Kadett but that money is hived off already in a separate fund

Kids and Family don’t really come under “Disposable” income, as they come first….

Blade went last autumn 🙁

toby1

Savings for holidays (NYC in September), eating out/nights out, F1 tickets (I’ve never been to figure it’s time to go), car service and soon to be car tax, replacing damaged bike clothing after an off while commuting (for no sensible reason, the off that is, I just fell over). Stuff in general, I like money, but I am very good at giving it away too.

I’d like an expensive hobby too apart from cycling but I don’t seem to need one, I already spend a fortune monthly.

bearnecessities

Chips.

samuri
    Free Member

I have absolutely no idea where it goes. I have my suspicions about me supporting various arms of my wifes family as well as definately supporting Littlewoods catalogs.

The bits that fall out of that, well, it’s much like the hobbies thread. Bikes, computers, family, just generally enjoying ourselves. I don’t need to spend a lot of money to be happy..which is good.

tonyd

We don’t really have any disposable income, in a few years time when the wife gets back to work perhaps. When that day comes I might treat myself to a new t-shirt and a couple of pairs of undercrackers.

Tom-B
    Free Member

Holidays, food and wine, Mrs B has just started horse riding and I’ve just started snowboarding.

DezB
    Free Member

Music. And petrol for the Mondeo 🙁

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

The dog (dog walking while we’re at work, vet bills, special diet pooch food)and the car mainly!

We do go to a few gigs, a few times a year, guess those aren’t cheap either, and we always spend more than planned on holiday.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Erm. if not the mtb, then its the other mtb, or maybe the road bike. And my son’s bikes. And my wife’s. And any other bike-realted ideas I may have. (you get the picture)

Some goes on on household goods etc if they need replacing.

We have a sensible car, we have a sensible TV, we have a sensible house. They’ll be upgraded one day when necessary (ie broken), but not before.

Holidays are usually cheap affairs with the family, although skiing needs planning (but not been for at least 5 years now).

Anything left over gets put into savings of one sort or another.

Kind of boring really. But my bikes are really nice 🙂

earl_brutus

No idea where it goes but some of this is surely to blame:
    Bike bits
    Weekends away
    Guitar stuff
    The pub
    Land rovers and audis
    The restaurant
    Gigs
    Wine
    The other pub
    Waitrose
    Springer spaniel
    Garden centre
    Isa
    Shares
    Savings account
    Holiday funds
    Tk maxx

duntmatter
    Free Member

Solo
    Free Member

Titanium frame, Custom build.
    😕

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Disposable income eh? What a lovely thought!

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Unfamiliar concept.
    We seem to dispose of quite a bit of the Halifax’s as well as our own!

mikejd

The wife’s horses – over £3000 vets bills in the last 6 months and one of them is still not fit to ride. And that’s without the feed bills!

orangeboy
    Free Member

Lol at above , my other halfs four legged hay eating pet consumes far more money than I ever imagined add in bills for the landrover she got to tow the horse box etc etc.

Just as well I like riding riding to work

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 61 total)

The topic ‘What else eats up your disposable income ?’ is closed to new replies.