Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What Electric Mower?
  • JEngledow
    Free Member

I need a new mower, we’ve only got a 8m x 5m lawn so only looking at electric, what’s good (and not too expensive)? Thanks.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Does anyone know if this Bosch is any good? There are a lot of very mixed and contradictory reviews!

razorrazoo

I have a similar Bosch one which I bought last year, probably a bit further up the range as has more height settings. It’s been fine so far, cuts well, is pretty lightweight and maneuverable, plenty of cable length.

wilsonthecat
    Free Member

I have the Bosch one from the link above. I think its a great a little mower. Consequently I don’t actually use it anymore as I have a petrol mower as I moved and needed something bigger.

If you’re in Nottingham you can have it for 30 quid if that helps.

tomkerton
    Free Member

I used that Bosch one for years at my last place, excellent.

LadyGresley
    Free Member

We’ve just invested a whole £45 in B&Q’s cheapest offering. If it only lasts one summer then it’s not a lot lost.

wwpaddler
    Free Member

Have a look at the AlKo mowers.

doodlebug
    Free Member

I always get second hand mowers from eBay like Mountfield or wolf garten, top draw mowers, but last for years.

allthepies
    Free Member

Bosch Rotak + 1.

Mine is now in its 7th year and going strong.

I’ve got the Rotak 40, wouldn’t want anything smaller and my garden is similar size to yours (perhaps a bit bigger).

footflaps

I’m on my 3rd Bosch. They last about 3 years each then the motor just dies. I’ve got a reasonable size lawn maybe 130m2.

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks wilsonthecat, but unfortunately your a bit too far away 🙁

Thanks for all the feedback, it looks like I’ll go for the little Bosch as I don’t think I need anything bigger for our 40m2 lawn! I just need to lay the turf and and let it bed in first.

molgrips
    Free Member

We’re getting rid of a lightweight flymo. Where are you?

JEngledow
    Free Member

Thanks molgrips, but I’m also getting rid of a lightweight (and crap) flymo, as I’m laying new turf I was looking for something with wheels, adjustable height and metal blade!

molgrips
    Free Member

My cheaper flymo is great and tbh ideal for my garden except that the blade was either too high or too low for my particular garden – that’s the only reason I changed it.

Milkie
    Free Member

Another vote for the Bosch Rotak range. I’ve had one for a year, used it two weeks ago to cut 1ft long wet lumpy field grass and it didn’t blow up or burn out!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What Electric Mower?’ is closed to new replies.