Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What 'dropper' seatpost.
  • TimReg
    Free Member

My birthdays coming up and I’m thinking of putting a ‘dropper’ seatpost on the list. Chainreaction have got Joplin 3s cheap, but I know play has been an issue. Has the joplin 4 solved this problem or is it worth stretching to a rockshox post ?

grumm
    Free Member

clunky agricultural GD classic here. Tried a KS i900 too but it was rubbish.

geetee1972
    Free Member

The Jopline 4 is supposed to have had the play issue fixed. It uses two slotted bushes rather than the original design’s one.

It’s not worth getting the Joplin 3, no matter how cheap, because the side to side play will eventually be so noticeable you’ll think there’s a problem with the rear end of the bike.

Having had excellent care from 2Pure and a refund on my Joplin 3 via Wiggle, I’ve now gone for the Gravity Dropper. I have two, a regular 4″ drop one and a multi-stage 1″/4″ turbo.

I prefer both the ease of drop on the Turbo (you don’t need to ‘prime’ the saddle to get it to move and i’ve yet to do hurt myself with the saddle 😯 )and the multi stage setting, which is really useful for technical climbs, where you actually could do with a 1″ drop.

The GDs are so simple and as has been said, agricultural, but that means that they’re very easy to service and look after.

I got both mine from Freeborn – 01403 251 252.

Having said that the Rock Shox reverb looks like it could be really good and the new Fox one that’s in the pipeline could also be excellent.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What 'dropper' seatpost.’ is closed to new replies.