Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)
  • what downhill bike do you have !!
  • nicolaisam
    Free Member

Nicolai Ion-st.

ART

norcosix – can’t see email in your profile to send 😕

t-p26
    Free Member

This one:

stevenieve
    Free Member

schrickvr6
    Free Member

That Yeti is freakin sweet Steve, so that’s why you sold the Nicolai. 🙂

mcinnes
    Free Member

That Yeti is the pimpest DH bike I’ve seen. Looks like some kinda stealth jet meets drug dealer bling meets batmobile. In a good way 8)

backhander
    Free Member

Loving that Yeti.
    You have sickeningly good taste!

mikewsmith
    Free Member

2004 Giant DH

Built Like a tank

Have had the odd Road Runner moment off jumps when gravity catches up on it!!

SirJonLordofBike
    Free Member

I have a Demo 9 which is a hoot a VP Free and an unbuilt Easton Slash 😳

pinkyponk
    Free Member

My pal is selling his 09 session 88. its dent/crack/nasty sticker free, with newly rebuilt fox 40’s. saint cranks, thompson post etc. Its a very well cared for bike without any issues. He has loaded up his credit card with a new one and would take £1850 for it. ??

Seggons
    Free Member

that yeti is the best looking bike I have ever seen
    friends have;

intense socom
    intense ss
    ventana el cuervo
    intense 951
    giant glory
    specialized demo 9
    turner dhr
    yeti 303

the socom is the pick of the bunch for me

ridingscared
    Free Member

whatever you go for get a used one, depreciation is unreal on most of the bikes mentioned. Incidentally I had a single pivot Nic Ufost which was awesome, bombproof and had people talking about it everywhere it went but switched to a four bar Cove shocker which I personally feel is easier to go more quickly on (but i’m no racer). i won’t bother trying to get a dh bike you can pedal, you’ll end up with a bike not particularly great at going up or down imho (cue outrage from those who think an uplift is somehow ‘cheating’)

Nick_Christy
    Free Member

cheating!!! pff…. trying pushing a 21 kilo bike up the extra bit to the summit 😉

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

use it for every thing its around 34lbs due to none dh tyres.
    its best build ive done………………………for now 🙄

rapiddescent

whilst it isn’t the most DH of bikes (7″ travel) my old Santa Cruz Bullit is a lot of fun on DH runs. My view is that DH’ing is less about owning a DH bike and more about riding on half decent DH courses…

jonnyvegas
    Free Member

Now this does everything i can throw at it.. 😀

bigthunder
    Free Member

Orange Patriot 7+ with Lyriks on it. Dont really use it as dh specific(change out tyres and coil shock fo am) but it just rips up Inners. Its old I know but I dont see 3grands worth of improvement in any new bike. And it rips Inners right up.

_tom_
    Free Member

Santa Cruz Bullit. Fun bike and did me well for a couple of months in Whistler (not just the bike park) 🙂 I’ll probably be selling it though, I don’t really think 7″ of travel is needed for anything I’ve ridden in the UK..

(obviously seat isn’t normally that high but I’d been climbing a bit)

kimbers

big up the 7inchers!

Ming the Merciless
    Free Member

Marin Quake, cheap, well built, pedal well, bloody fast downhill, the only downside is they are heavy(40-43lb). Keeps you fit you the climbs…….

xiphon
    Free Member

Go on then…. 222 🙂

Simple and reliable.

(I’m in the 7-inch bounce club too!)

Euro
    Free Member

Size isn’t everything! Obviously if the OP is wanting a full-on DH bike then that’s what he’ll buy but i’m of the opinion that you don’t need a DH bike unless you take your racing seriously.

We have some really rocky rough trails over here and although most of my riding buddies have DH bikes, my wee miniDH keeps up no bother. They may have an easier time of it on the really rough stuff but the flip side is that a lot of sections of trail become almost boring as there’s no challenge – the bike does the work for them.

150 up front/160 out back – TF tuned to suit me 8)

greeble
    Free Member

had it stolen!

then recovered. now it keeps me awake at night thinking that every noise I hear is the noise of someone breaking in trying to steal it

ashfanman
    Free Member

Solamanda – is that one of the new carbon ones? CCDB, Dorados…must have set you back a fair bit!

xiphon
    Free Member
    iolo
    Free Member

My 2011 Demo 8, BOS front and rear. I love it.

ashfanman
    Free Member

iolo – that cable guide on the shock is pretty neat. Did you do that yourself?

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

rhys
    Free Member

Specialized Big Hit3 £1300 from Tredz. Its ace, ride it more than my 5 now. Lots of push/crawl up down the South West, Gawton, Poldice, Groggly etc

GaryBanham
    Free Member

I just picked up a second hand Giant Glory about 2009 with full saint. It’s great for what I need for now and love the idea it only cost a quarter of a new bike and if I fall off and damage something I don’t care. 😆

Northwind

Grabbed a Last Herb DH frame from CRC in the sale, with a mere £1400 discount, literally just finished building it last night so hopefully off to innerleithen on sunday. Did have an old Ellsworth Dare but tbh I just didn’t like it at all, hopefully this one does the job.

solamanda
    Free Member

That’s my new session! Old frame for sale if anyone wants it 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

I thought it was you! I saw that bike at Aston Hill on Saturday.

mandog

jackthedog
    Free Member

Grabbed a Last Herb DH frame from CRC in the sale, with a mere £1400 discount, literally just finished building it last night so hopefully off to innerleithen on sunday. Did have an old Ellsworth Dare but tbh I just didn’t like it at all, hopefully this one does the job.

Despite not having a quid to scratch my arse with at the moment, I came *very* close to pressing the button on that offer myself. May you have lots of fun together, I’ve always thought it a great looking bike.

#jealousy

Northwind

It’s a wee bit embarassing since a mate also has one, we’re going to look like twins. Or, father and son more like :mrgreen:

carlphillips
    Free Member

bought 2nd hand
    I’ve had a 224 also and like both, try before you buy if you can!

TroutWrestler
    Free Member

I have a Scott Gambler. Surprised not to see any listed above TBH.

zangolin
    Free Member

Nuke Proof Scalp

rephlexer

zangolin – that scalp’s so uber-tart it’s gone through offensive and back to awesome again 🙂

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 82 total)

The topic ‘what downhill bike do you have !!’ is closed to new replies.