Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What "dog on premises" sign for these namby pamby, ultra-PC, litigious times?
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

To avoid ending up in a small claims court if a trespassing chav scuffs his Reebok Classics running from our dog, are there any signs that police recommend, as opposed to “beware, killer dog loose” type ones?

IanMunro
    Free Member

Is that what you’re trying to avoid?
    [video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CX6Ke2prafY[/video]

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Pretty much, although our dog’s not that vicious.

maccruiskeen

spacemonkey

Friends of ours had a Bordeaux Mastiff and were informed by the Old Bill that they had to have a “Beware the dog” kind of sign out front to at least give them some kind of ‘legal protection’ should the furry fella chew the sh1t out of a tea leaf.

garage-dweller

No dogs here just try stealing my stuff and you will find out there is definitely not a big pointy toothed dog here at all. No sir not even the one.

PS I am not known for my honesty and I hope for your sake you can run like a cheetah (although dogs are known to chases cats) 👿

rene59
    Free Member

Is it not the case that by putting up warning signs, you’re admitting the dog is dangerous? Therefore, since you know this, you should take additional steps to prevent it harming anyone who may stray onto your property?

unklehomered
    Free Member

“Warning, large slobbery hound beast just to wants to be your friend, doesn’t handle rejection well. DO NOT TURN IT DOWN!”

konabunny
    Free Member

spacemonkey – Member
    Friends of ours had a Bordeaux Mastiff and were informed by the Old Bill that they had to have a “Beware the dog” kind of sign out front to at least give them some kind of ‘legal protection’ should the furry fella chew the sh1t out of a tea leaf.
    POSTED 2 HOURS AGO # REPORT-POST

don’t take this sort of legal advice from the police. it’s miles away from what they know about.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

JoeG
    Free Member

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Is it not the case that by putting up warning signs, you’re admitting the dog is dangerous? Therefore, since you know this, you should take additional steps to prevent it harming anyone who may stray onto your property?

This is exactly the point of this thread! I’m asking if there any signs available that aren’t “warning”, merely informing.

mattbee

Just a ‘Dogs loose on property’ without using the word danger, or warning?

Drac

MrNice
    Free Member

I got one of these signs for my French teacher mother when she owned an unhinged dog. Probably not much use to the OP (unless he lives in France).

RoterStern
    Free Member

There is a sign I like at big house here in Germany with a picture of a German Shepherd with ‘I can run from the house to the gate in 5.5 seconds. What about you?’

ThePinkster

I got one of these signs for my French teacher mother when she owned an unhinged dog. Probably not much use to the OP (unless he lives in France).

Oh I don’t know, it might improve the class of burglar in the area. 😉

RaveyDavey
    Free Member

Something along the lines of

Warning my dog is unhinged
    As am I
    I’ll take my chance in court

northernmatt

lerk
    Free Member

I have a ceramic house number plate with a pretty painting of a German Shepherd on it, I then had the printer add the words “I LIVE HERE” underneath the number…

chip
    Free Member

This with “I have big dog bite you very much” added.

seosamh77
    Free Member

I’d suggest setting up a screen with motion detectors, which then activate video of mr burns releasing the hounds as people walk by! 😆

twinw4ll
    Free Member

Your too late mate, place has already been ransacked.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What "dog on premises" sign for these namby pamby, ultra-PC, litigious times?’ is closed to new replies.