Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)
  • What does your partner not like but you wished they did?
  • nicko74

Competitive sport even if only competing with yourself.

Is that a euphemism?
    “Sorry, you weren’t supposed to see that but I didn’t think you’d come home so soon. I was just, er, competing with myself. I won”

Bregante

Spicy food. She won’t eat anything hotter than a korma. Fine if I get a takeaway as I know she won’t steal mine. Rubbish if I want to cook something like a chilli con carne.

molgrips
    Free Member

My wife would enjoy mtbing and hiking, but her health isn’t great which means her fitness is also not good.. and now we have sod all energy to do anything about it … *sigh*

maccruiskeen

Coriander

spooky_b329

99.5% of films. I reckon we average one per year that is watched properly. Last year we’ve managed two…

Coffee. Including anything with coffee as an ingredient.

Ability to just slob about for the odd half day at home without getting irritable. Always has to be doing something.

🙂

yesiamtom
    Free Member

Meat…

Sports…

🙁

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Nothing smutty

Oh, erm…

stilltortoise
    Free Member

My missus isn’t really into music or film. Sure, we’ve been to gigs and the cinema plenty of times, but I enjoy discovering new stuff and will take a chance on something I don’t know. She won’t

_tom_
    Free Member

Good music.

nicko74

Ability to just slob about for the odd half day at home without getting irritable. Always has to be doing something.

YES!!
    Worse, she doesn’t like to see ME sitting around relaxing; as soon as I stop working/ doing house things etc, and fire up the Xbox, TV or whatnot, that’s it, gotta go do something else.

curiousyellow
    Free Member

– Going downhill. She will happily climb or ride on the flat all day.
    – Scifi.
    – Noel Fielding’s Luxury Comedy.

Neil-F
    Free Member

Adrenalin rush type things, she’s a scardey cat.
    Heights. She won’t even walk over the Forth Road Bridge.
    Adventurous cookery, or even just trying anything fancy!
    Any food with fins.
    Blowjobs. I like them, she doesn’t. Go figure. 🙄

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Bumsex and drugs

Alex

fred dibnah’s age of steam

! That’s practically treason 🙂

fizzicist
    Free Member

Being quiet when I’m trying to concentrate on extreme geek Science TV.

Me talking, breathing or making any noise whatsoever when She’s watching Call the Midwife.

Which is hard as Miranda Hart And that programme makes me want to scream and smash everything in the house.

ton

old punkrock and ska, oh and Alabama 3.
    and horror films.

matt_outandabout

Camping.

fatsimonmk2
    Free Member

my taste in music (two tone,ska,dub etc)
    bicycles in general(working on that got her to think about buying a bike for work but not yet commited)
    my taste in telly(mythbusters,ice pilots etc)
    but wouldn’t be without each other and she puts up with quite a lot bike wise from me 😀

zippykona

To be honest there’s no way me and Mrs Zip would choose each other on a dating site.
    We don’t share many interests but still madly in love with each other.
    Id like her to watch telly only if there’s something on,not switch it on whatever.

superdale
    Free Member

Curb Your Enthusiasm. Larry David has me in stitches but my partner just doesn’t get it?

emsz
    Free Member

xbox

I can sort of persuade her to do a co-op, but it’s soooo painful She doesn’t get the joy of FPS at all

Bless

smogmonster

Australia. I want to move there, so do the binlids. She doesn’t and as is the way of the world, she wins!

Tom-B
    Free Member

Same here Zippykona….on paper my wife and I have little in common, different views on the world etc but we make each other pretty happy 🙂

I know the OP said no bikes, but genuinely, that’d be the thing that I’d like my missus to get into most.

spooky_b329

YES!!
    Worse, she doesn’t like to see ME sitting around relaxing; as soon as I stop working/ doing house things etc, and fire up the Xbox, TV or whatnot, that’s it, gotta go do something else.

See, thats just it. I get home earlier than her so do dinner, wash up, the washing, and repetitively put away her coats and shoes that always get discarded the night before, yet when we have nothing on, I’m expected to spend Saturday helping to tidy up 🙂

sharkbait
    Free Member

Films here. If I like a film I’ll watch it again (maybe a couple of times).
    MrsSB will watch a film once and that’s it regardless of how much she enjoyed it. Weird.
    Oh and kedgeree.

molgrips
    Free Member

We both read books, we discuss all sorts from classics to scifi, and we are always in agreement.

Until we actually try and read the same book. I gave up recommending books to her because she seems to completely hate everything I suggest!

takisawa2

Me.
    Liver.
    Women.

labsey
    Free Member

Ice hockey. She’s unhappy that in 2 weeks, I’ve filled half the memory of the Sky+.

willard

Luckily mine like mountain biking, but the chestnut that is films is a sticking point, especially sci-fi (I love, she doesn’t. At all). TV is an area of concern too; she’s happiest with Hollyoaks and Don’t tell the bride, I’d prefer to watch, well, anything but that really.

Other than that, she just disagrees with the Army rather than hating it, something that I can live with and, occasionally, bribe my way into doing things. For example, it cost me a kayak to go on a three weekend course and a new sofa to go to Afghan.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Having people around for dinner or drinks, OH doesn’t seem to like having people over, I’m always the one instigating anything like that.

philbert31
    Free Member

Glupton1976 , ol’ buddy ol’ pal have you met my wife Jaclyn……. 😀

To be honest I think my other half just tolerates me 🙂

Irish_AL
    Free Member

I like breathing……….my ex wife doesn’t like me breathing 😆

TuckerUK
    Free Member

The ‘nothing smutty’ stipulation had me stumped for a good while.

But seriously, alcohol, I think.

She doesn’t drink much, either variety wise, frequency wise, or in volume. Whereas I drink pretty much anything, like a fish. That said, because I only drink socially, it’s probably a good thing, we have a cupboard full of alcohol.

I kind of wish she had some serious hobbies of her own (because I have so damn many).

cRaNkEnStEin
    Free Member

Raisins.

So no hot cross buns or Christmas cake in our house 🙁

TuckerUK
    Free Member

Coffee. Including anything with coffee as an ingredient.

Oh yeah, and this.

Which I think is kind of limiting, it’s drunk half the world over (if not more) and what better way to round off a good formal meal.

tymbian
    Free Member

Curry.

homer

Bikes, she’s still the only person I know that never learned to ride. Climbing, skiing also no chance. Recently started surfing & she didn’t fancy that either. After 20 years I’m resigned to having separate hobbies. Still, she never bats an eyelid at the weekends away or the money I spend on my sports.

supersaiyan
    Free Member

2 awesome threads tonight:

fruit
    staying awake after about 10pm
    science
    pendantry
    internet bicycle fora
    speed
    getting muddy
    ale
    smoked whisky
    dopamine

’tis a wonder we’re together!

yunki
    Free Member

fruit and veg
    my cooking

djglover
    Free Member

If she lost half a stone and gave more blow jobs she’d be perfect, apart from the beard

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 93 total)

The topic ‘What does your partner not like but you wished they did?’ is closed to new replies.