Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)
  • What does your fully rigid 29er weigh?
  • spectabilis
    Free Member

IIRC mine sat at 30.
    29+ Dually’s on Hope pro2
    No dangly bits or associated shifters etc
    Big brakes, DH bars so yeah not light at all.

coomber
    Free Member

Stoner that is an ace bike

tazzymtb

Stoner
    Free Member

Cheers Coomber.

Blame that ^ boy tazzy for the silly forks.

I love that bike. It’s my only mtb for the moment and is great round the malverns here.

faustus

Always humbling when people quote weight of a 29er that is less than my ‘road’ bike…

Just built a rigid geared inbred 29er on the cheap, comes in at 29lbs. XL frame and steel steerer though. Rides nicely so I don’t mind. Interestingly, it comes in at almost exactly the same weight as my 26er inbred with 130mm fork!

crispycross
    Free Member

33 lbs the pair. Well, they are certainly rigid and sort of 29ers.

cookci
    Free Member

is there much weight to lose from installing a decent crank?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

Tazzy – what’s that?

faustus

think it’s a trek sawyer…

tazzymtb

Lols..its a custom titanium black sheep frame ( ex ssstu);, with custom sheep ti forks and 15mm bolt through and black sheep ti mountain moustache bars that were made by james to work specically with that frame. Also got all sorts of pimpy light kit on it and stupidly light goldtec wheel build( although the front rim is slightly burlier as its a rigid)

it goes like a fker

khani
    Free Member

think it’s a trek sawyer…

Poor Taz.. 🙁
    It’s like being told your Ferrari looks like a Toyota….

tazzymtb

Tis fine, its a bike for riding hard, not screaming “look at me” thats what fat bikes are for 😀

njee20
    Free Member

stupidly light goldtec wheel build

Thought their hubs were rather weighty?

Certainly a striking build!

tazzymtb

Lightish hubs 89g front 260g rear, niner ti rdo cog with ryde mc1 rims and some daft spokes! Rims were actually surpirisngly good for what was a bit of a gamble and tubeless up nicely. No where near as noodly as expected

also now got silly light kcnc cranks and ti bits which has saved a lot over the xtr…not convinced of the longevity though so it may be a case of back to reliable. I hate gurning a singlespeed up something thinking “cock its going to explode and kill me”

njee20
    Free Member

89g is very impressive for a front, didn’t realise they were that light, will consider them next time I buy!

The MC1s are interesting, nearly got a set myself, but like you thought they’d be a bit flexy. Went carbon, which added weight, but far stiffer than the 26″ Podium MMXs they replaced!

tazzymtb

Thats the 15mm axle version on my calibrated scales at work (think they quote 100g on the website)It always seems a bit of cheat as it doesn’t factor in the axle on the fork

tazzymtb

I know it sounds daft, but having taken the lighter carbon bits off to replace with ti, cos it looks lush I couldn’t bring myself to put carbon wheels on. Will save it all for a propper weight weenie niner ss.

faustus

oops – I didn’t zoom in on the picture for a closer look! Anyway, it wasn’t meant as a negative, it’s a lovely looking bike.

njee20
    Free Member

Thats the 15mm axle version on my calibrated scales at work (think they quote 100g on the website)It always seems a bit of cheat as it doesn’t factor in the axle on the fork

So they are! For the money that’s excellent! Carbon-Ti are on par, but they’re £180 for a front.

tazzymtb

Faustus dont worry chap..ita a bike..not an ego project 😀

nickwatson
    Free Member

8.4kg measured on luggage scales …

dobo
    Free Member

My 29er weighs 606 grams so far..

super lightweight 29er build on hold and is now a budget build with my 26er kit 🙂 few bits missing, tyres, seat post clamp, valves that work..
    really procrastinating on tyres…

molgrips
    Free Member

Mine weighs too much.. Packed I the bike bag with riding gear it was 1kg over the airline restriction 🙁

singlespeedstu

its a bike for riding hard

I think you’ll find it’s a bike for mincing round a flat field on. 😛

tazzymtb

Well that may have been what you used it for stu…mind you…it did keep trying to kill you on corners 😉

anyway..I think you’ll find my fire road extreme gnarcore radsik skillz is the awesomez

seanthesheap
    Free Member

Jones steel spaceframe, hope / rabbit holes, thomson, 29+ front end and a heavy saddle, about 32 on bathroom scales.

kimbers

13.4 kg with a chunky monkey tyre

But its 14.1 now with some manitou towers and much better for it !

Viewing 27 posts - 41 through 67 (of 67 total)

The topic ‘What does your fully rigid 29er weigh?’ is closed to new replies.