Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What does tubeless ready or in this case 2Bliss actually mean?
  • matlockmeat
    Free Member

So got my first tubeless attempt to work yesterday.
    Being as it was only a test I haven’t put any sealant in.

I did expect it to lose some air overnight but from the bead.
    It is however draping are through the sidewalls and losing nothing from around the beading.

This is what I would expect to get from a non tubeless ready tyre and would have thought a tubeless ready tyre would be air tight not porous.

Its lost about 40 psi overnight. I suspect sealant will solve this but just a bit concerned as its losing it through the side wall all round the tyre and both sides. I can see the tiniest bubbles appearing when running it through water.

getonyourbike
    Free Member

Tubeless ready means the bead works well tubeless but you need sealant to make it air tight. If you want to run something without sealant(I don’t see why you would) then you need a UST/LUST tyre.

simondbarnes

Tubeless ready tyres only work with sealant. UST tyres will work without sealant.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    themoodster
    Free Member

Idk what brand you’re using but schwalbe state that you need the sealant to seal the tubeless ready carcass.

orangeboy
    Free Member

I’ve never put more than 40 psi to start with for fear of it going bang lol
    Bit much as above only ust tyres are air tight without sealant

bigrich

tubeless ready means a layer of tape in the spoke bed and a valve. you can run any tyre with sealant.

matlockmeat
    Free Member

Thanks that clears that up.

I’m not looking to run it without sealant. I’m not riding the wheels for a while so didn’t want to add it yet.

I just wanted to see if the tyre would inflate which it did very well, just shocked it loses so much through the side walls.

dannybee
    Free Member

Just done my specialized 2bliss tyres today, Got my new tubeless rims did the same as you tried them without sealant put them up and down a few times to check they were sitting on the bead etc then banged some Stan’s sealant in they have been up for about 6 hours so far and i was suprised how easy it was 🙂

hh45
    Free Member

I find that it can take a few days for sealant to make a new tyre fully airtight so maybe worth getting it ready in advance? I would put in maybe 150 mill, give a good 3D slosh around, ride the bike few twisty miles if you can before it goes down and leave overnight to see if it stays up. If not then put in some more sealant and repeat. I had to follow this process in January with a new Arch EX rim and Conti Mountain King (£49 version). After a few weeks of being ignored it decided to stay fully inflated and is now as reliable a tyre as one could wish for.

Northwind

If it was airtight, it’d be UST. TLR more or less means designed for and guaranteed to work tubeless- some standard tyres will never seal, or will be too loose on the beads.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What does tubeless ready or in this case 2Bliss actually mean?’ is closed to new replies.