Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)
  • What does the STW think of this from a well known big bike store?
  • Suggsey
    Free Member

Basic circumstance is three sets of Oakley Racing Jackets in stock at point of order and payment in full done online……admittedly a great deal at £108…….. My order is then cancelled by them later the next day……
    Thank you for your order. Unfortunately the item you have ordered is out of stock and EOL which means we will not be getting this product back in stock. We have given you a full refund. Sorry for the inconvenience.
    My reply
    Hi Alex, very disappointing as they are a current model as I have a second pair that I have had from Oakley themselves with prescription lenses and even more annoying as you were showing three in stock! To be honest I feel a bit cheated to say the least! To add insult to injury, I have checked my card account for the refund showing and it’s not there yet.
    I bet if I went in store there would be some racing jackets at not far off full RRP……
    Unhappy customer
    Their reply to that
    Sorry that you feel that way. We have 1 pair left but they are reserved for a customer, I am presuming this is why the website still said in stock. Apologies for the error there. Also as with a lot of bank transactions it can take up to 3 working days for the money to clear back into your account. Your refund was processed 08/07/2014 at 10:10:26 and so should be back with you by the end of the week. Sorry again for the inconvenience.
    I have replied as I couldn’t believe the above email as it was rubbing salt into the wound and in my opinion I believe staff saw the bargain and have had the last ones for themselves……..
    Wouldn’t mind but last time I was in their local to me store looking at 29er hard tails or for a Ti 26er, I was questioned on my current fleet and was actually told “well you don’t actually need another bike, do you?” Best of it that was from the long time manager…….so I bought my most recent frame from elsewhere…..
    Can’t really see the point in complaining to their head office as I suspect they will fail to honour my attempted purchase anyway. I’m normally quite oh well never mind on these matters but this ones really peed me off!

atlaz
    Free Member

Don’t see the problem. You ordered, they didn’t have the stock and rather than keeping you waiting they refunded you immediately.

nemesis
    Free Member

Thanks for sharing…

While you may of course be correct, their story could also be true. At £108, these Oakleys weren’t exactly peanuts either so while, depending on the model, it might be a good discount, it’s hardly unheard of pricing that’d be worth them going out of their way to lie about.

Immediately accusing them of lying, is pretty crap IMO and if I was at the shop certainly would have ensured I didn’t try to help you out at all.

binners

Do you know where they’re based? Only one thing for it…..

woody2000

johnnystorm

My Mrs would love it if a bikeshop said “you’ve got enough bikes”! 😆

That the Staff have bought them all up is pure speculation on your part too. 😉

mikey74
    Free Member

It sounds like your anger is actually coming more from your imagination than reality. The above answers sound reasonable.

tomhoward

Keep in mind that shops dont have to sell stuff to you.

z1ppy

rene59
    Free Member

Poor you, how dreadful this experience must have been for you.

nemesis
    Free Member

Almost as bad as that time that Waitrose ran out of cous cous. Ruined my week!

Rorschach
    Free Member

Waitrose ran out of cous cous

SERIOUSLY!!!?? Marks and Spencers did’nt have any quinoa either….I bet the staff buy it all before opening and stockpile it in poor quality plastic containers.

jota180
    Free Member

I couldn’t believe the above email as it was rubbing salt into the wound and in my opinion I believe staff saw the bargain and have had the last ones for themselves……..

That seems a bit far fetched
    Possible but not everyone has that sort of money to splash out on a whim and especially – minimum wage – shop workers.
    TBH – I wouldn’t pay that sort of money for a pair of sunnies, perceived bargain or not, not everyone has the same idea of a bargain.

scandal42
    Free Member

Tragic 😆

Mackem

are you 12?

flippinheckler
    Free Member

£119 Cheer up!

imnotverygood

Well……you asked a question. Were those the answers you were expecting?

Jamie
    Free Member

I’m outraged.

Speeder

Has this gone the way you’d hoped OP?

philfive
    Free Member
    BoardinBob

Hi Alex, very disappointing as they are a current model as I have a second pair that I have had from Oakley themselves with prescription lenses and even more annoying as you were showing three in stock! To be honest I feel a bit cheated to say the least! To add insult to injury, I have checked my card account for the refund showing and it’s not there yet.

I bet if I went in store there would be some racing jackets at not far off full RRP……
    Unhappy customer

^^^ makes you sound like a whiney loser

Suggsey
    Free Member

😆 thanks for the prompt responses, to be honest what peed me off was the second email that basically said they did in fact have one pair in stock that were reserved for a customer, maybe if that had been put in the first email as opposed to what they had put, knowing they are still a current frame model, it wouldn’t have wound me up… I appreciate that they ain’t cheap anyway but the plain lenses and sunglasses lenses were destined for my mate who specifically was after plain lenses and I was going to use the second set of frames to put my seconds set of prescription lenses in…….an no, I wasn’t going to charge my mate £98 for two sets of lenses 😆
    Having had a chuckle at some of the imagery responses, I’m over it, honest…………

Rorschach
    Free Member

Judging by the lack of pictorial satire Jamie must be VERY outraged…..and now I am disappoint.

Rorschach
    Free Member

I’m over it

Glad we could help you work through your hour of need.

Jamie
    Free Member

Judging by the lack of pictorial satire Jamie must be VERY outraged…..and now I am disappoint.

muggomagic

OP earlier when receiving said email….

Northwind

Suggsey – Member

thanks for the prompt responses, to be honest what peed me off was the second email that basically said they did in fact have one pair in stock that were reserved for a customer

Why though? If you’d reserved an item, I’m sure you’d be glad to have it sold on to someone else…

svalgis
    Free Member

1. Availability isn’t always updated in real time, that’s just something you have to be prepared for when ordering low stock items. The store probably reserved their right to cancel the purchase if the item would turn out to be out of stock in their T&C that you accepted by making the purchase.

2. Refunding usually takes a few days.

No problem here. Move on.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

😀

Suggsey
    Free Member

And flippinheckler, thanks I’d seen those ones but it was plain lenses that is what made me place the original order as my comment above, so whilst appearing to be a whiney looser, who needed to see what general consensus was of those with too much time on their hands/ retired/cushy job with no internet monitoring hierarchy I now know where I stand…. I’m going back to Le Tour coverage and another brew 🙂

lemonysam
    Free Member

I think you sound like one of “those” customers. I think they handled it fine.

woody2000

I see Jamie’s Chuck and raise it to a Ryker 🙂

martinhutch

Well known store worker earlier:

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

there are about 3 coloured option versions here for just £11 more

http://www.eyewearoutlet.co.uk/oakley-m1#t1:t44:page2

woody2000

njee20
    Free Member

whilst appearing to be a whiney looser, who needed to see what general consensus was of those with too much time on their hands/ retired/cushy job with no internet monitoring hierarchy I now know where I stand…. I’m going back to Le Tour coverage and another brew

Is that a flounce?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

atlaz
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

Suggsey are you okay, do you need a hug? It sounds like you’ve had a really, really bad experience.

dknwhy

I feel your pain. Especially as my other half caught a free pair from the Oakley promo float at the tdf on Monday… 😀 sorry, 8) is much more appropriate.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 57 total)

The topic ‘What does the STW think of this from a well known big bike store?’ is closed to new replies.