Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • What Does The Pro Pedal on my dhx 5.0 do?
  • watsontony
    Free Member

i know its ment to minimise pedal bob but how does it work? and should it be turned off for going downhill? also im 11 stone and ive got a 600×2.8 spring do i need a softer one?

Liftman

Turn it off for going downhill

chiefgrooveguru

It’s a low speed compression damping circuit. Not only reduces pedal bob but increases pumpability so nice on jumpy stuff.

tomhoward

And yes you need a softer one. Go to http://www.tftuned.com and use the spring calculator…

mikewsmith
    Free Member

ran mine on a middle of the road setting normally, cranked it up for tough climbing.

As above gave some stability at low speed

watsontony
    Free Member

wow im ment to have a 350 spring not 600! goona be a massive diffrence

xiphon
    Free Member

I keep PP cranked up, but my 222 is prone to bobbing.

watsontony
    Free Member

Turn it off for going downhill

do i need to turn it off for going downhill? should the shock not work properly with it on? from what the other guy says “It’s a low speed compression damping circuit” does this not mean its not effecting the main shock funtion??? not sure tho?

tomhoward

Test it, with it on, the suspension shouldn’t bob, (as much) this is a good thing when you want efficiency, ie pedalling on the flat/uphill. That is what the extra damping circuit is for. With it off the shock is fully active, which is good when the going is rough and gravity is on your side so efficiency isn’t priority no 1 but the wheel getting out of the way of stuff is.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Always leave mine on the minimum setting on my 6 pack but then a good HL 4 bar doesn’t bob.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘What Does The Pro Pedal on my dhx 5.0 do?’ is closed to new replies.