Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What does Low Pressure in my boiler mean?
  • rickon
    Free Member

Hi Chaps,

What is the effect of having low pressure in my boiler? This is an oil fired boiler…

Keep losing pressure, and we’ve burnt through about 1000 litres in just over a month. And that’s with hot water on for 1 hour a day, and heating at most 2 hours a day.

Cheers

Ricks

trail_rat
    Free Member

you have a leak some where on the wet side.

OR your expansion vessel is low on pressure and when it gets up to working temp there is no expansion room in the system so the pressure goes over 3 and dumps – tie a bag over the end of the pipe presure relief pipe.

Your not using 1000l of oil on that usage pattern – someones telling you porkys or you have a leak on that side too.

martinhutch

Leak is most likely…

We have a similar problem – slow loss of pressure over days/weeks, no big swings to high pressure which would suggest expansion vessel. Have to top it up every now and again, but there are no obvious leaks – wet patches etc. I guess at the rate it’s going, there wouldn’t be.

Could a faulty air relief valve inside the boiler vent small amounts of water over time – noticed it was a tiny bit crusty last time I looked inside?

Always joyful on a cold morning when I head down to find the dreaded error code…

footflaps

Or you have low pressure and someone has syphoned 995 litres of oil out of your tank and you’ve used the other 5 heating the water…..

totalshell

two completely seperate issues with each having no impact on the other.. firstly the oil .. your either misinformed about how long the boiler is on for or you have an oil leak. losing water pressure simple .. your losing central heating water. most common routes are.. somewhere in the central heating circuit usually at rad valves..at an internal air pressure release valve this will be damp or crusty and obvious that its the source.. the wtare pressure relase valve for one or both of two possible reasons..1. the pressure vessel is broken and when you turn the bioler on pressure rises rapidly to 3 plus and water is dumped out of the boiler.. and or water is constantly exiting via the pressure release valve as it has muck behind the seal.. simple fix whatever it is..

mudshark
    Free Member

Someone’s stealing your oil and selling it causing an oversupply in the market and a price slump.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What does Low Pressure in my boiler mean?’ is closed to new replies.