Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • What does helicoil look like in bb threads?
  • taka
    Free Member

Ive just striped my bike down last night and the driveside hope bb was solid in the bike i managed to get it out using a scaffolding pole as a lever but when it came out there were bits of plastic with thread indents on it which were attached to the threads in the bike is it that helicoil stuff meaning that the threads are **** or its it something like locktight?

cheers tom

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

wwaswas

more likely to either be threadlock or the bits of the BB that were corroded into the frame.

clean the threads up, inspect to see if they look ok and try and run a BB in there 'dry' and you shoudl be able to tel lquite quickly if there's an issue.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Your LBS might beable to recover a damaged thread.

taka
    Free Member

cleaned the threads and tried a dry bb and i think it was glue because i had a go at screwing it in but it dropped in right upv to the spacer with no twisting like a press fit bb so the threads are **** on the driveside
    🙁

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

taka – repair is possible – you can get an insert fitted if the threads are ruined.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘What does helicoil look like in bb threads?’ is closed to new replies.