Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)
  • What does Christmas actually mean to you ?
  • theocb
    Free Member

You is angry dude.

molgrips
    Free Member

Yeah I get angry being called a sheep by someone who doesn’t know me, when I put a great deal of effort into thinking objectively.

unfitgeezer
    Free Member

piemonster

You could quite happily drop all elements of religion from crimbo (can even give it a new name, fatmass if you like) and it’d make **** all difference.

At least to my little world, it’s just a fancy holiday. Like New Years with less vomit. Although I’m aware of the hypocrisy/irony whatever of the religious element, I ain’t complaining coz its a time off work.

TiRed

Incarnation. Although i don’t subscribe to the orthodox stories. Mark and John summed up all i need to know about Christmas.

crankboy
    Free Member

If you want it to be about the birth of Jesus celebrate on the 6th of January .
    25 December is all about what was the winter solstice and what at the time was a much more popular religion.

alpin
    Free Member

Sweet FA….

Spend money on things that people don’t need. Receive shit you don’t want. Sit around the table eating crap you wouldn’t choose to eat at any other time of the year.

Why?

Would rather be at home smoking green on the sofa.

It’s the same every year….

crankboy
    Free Member

I now have the real answer, sit round the table with your 86 year old mother and older brothers and have her tell you how material things don’t matter to her after living through her house being the recipient of a “direct hit ” by a German bomb . She then told me off because her bad time milk was not warm enough.

wilburt
    Free Member

Religion-Pah.. no thanks.
    Winter hibernation- the heatings barely on here in the SE.
    Feasting- Too much food is just as bad in December as June.
    Gifts- haven’t we all already got too much.
    Goodwill to all- its ok to be **** for the rest of the year then?
    Booze- as per feasting.
    Get togethers- combine with booze, for more trouble.
    TV- you are battered with ads.

I quite like the idea of a mutual holiday, but would like to get rid of all the Christmas nonsense so we can get straight into enjoying the time off work.

piemonster

crankboy – Member
    I now have the real answer, sit round the table with your 86 year old mother and older brothers and have her tell you how material things don’t matter to her after living through her house being the recipient of a “direct hit ” by a German bomb . She then told me off because her bad time milk was not warm enough.

Errrrr what? 😯

molgrips
    Free Member

Spend money on things that people don’t need. Receive shit you don’t want. Sit around the table eating crap

I didn’t do any of those things 🙂 They aren’t mandatory.

oldboy
    Free Member

Loneliness! Well this year anyway.

toofarwest

Oldboy

+1

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Peace and goodwill
    Enjoyed the company of those present and missed those missing
    Wonderful organ and choral music, food and wine

(And a bonus “short break” thrown in too 😉 )

Viewing 14 posts - 121 through 134 (of 134 total)

The topic ‘What does Christmas actually mean to you ?’ is closed to new replies.