Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What do you wear on your lower half!?
  • nickswolves
    Free Member

Getting colder by the day now winters arriving, so what do you wear to keep warm under your baggies – leg warmers, bib tights, waterproofs?

TooTall
    Free Member

arm warmers under baggies may not keep you very warm.

My bottom is waterproof. It would be very inconvenient if it were not.

yunki
    Free Member

just this really.. anything more I find tends to distance me from the trail.. restricting flow

BoardinBob

Bibs for holding in my love handles/ gunt
    Endura tights for keeping my legs warm
    Endura 3/4 shorts on top
    Sealskinz

stumpy01

Yunki – nice! Is that on offer at On One?? Merino wool?

I generally wear a pair of shorts and then some kind of tights/leggings over the top. I seem to have acquired a thin Specialized pair, a medium thickness Nike pair and some pretty thick Endura ones quite coincidentally, so generally have something suitable to put on.

I had some dhb bib tights, but never really got on with them. The bib aspect didn’t seem to offer any advantages, except for perhaps a bit warmer around the lower back.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I had some dhb bib tights, but never really got on with them. The bib aspect didn’t seem to offer any advantages, except for perhaps a bit warmer around the lower back.

Isn’t that an advantage then 😀

DezB
    Free Member

Lab-Gear Merino leg warmers. Don’t need them yet down sarf though.

z1ppy

Waterproof 3/4 shorts over lycra shorts last night on our first really chilly night ride of the season, as the waterproof shorts are really warm.
    Got some new full length tights on order, which will be used with normal or the waterproof baggies dependant on how cold it is (regardless of the STW fashion-ardos)

alfabus
    Free Member

nickswolves – Member
    Isn’t that an advantage then

First day on STW and he’s already getting the hang of it 🙂

Dave

stumpy01

^^^ bloomin’ hell. I wrote ‘offers no advantages’…..and then realised that perhaps that was the only advantage, but failed to edit what had already been written.

I probably should have said the advantages didn’t outweigh the disadvantages or something along those lines……

Is it Friday yet? 😉

nickswolves
    Free Member

Wish it was! 🙄

Are 3/4 bib tights a gd investment?

z1ppy

nowt wrong with them, but I personnally see little advantage over full length tights.
    Anyway must go and try my new DHB bib tights (£40 from wiggle with the this week 10% off voucher).

votchy
    Free Member

Endura 3/4 event waterproofs with a lycra liner, warm and waterproof, worked ok last winter in -10, last night was just normal endura humvees with liner round the wyre, plenty warm enough for me

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Knee warmers down to single figures, then add embrocation. Once snow and like are about then tights with cycling shorts on top. Even colder, then add embrocation into the mix. Worked last winter down to minus 15. Colder than that then I stop riding to spare my lungs.

alfabus
    Free Member

I like 3/4 bibs… they quite considerably warmer than bib shorts, and they keep my knees warm (which prevents knee pain for me)… they’re a long way short of full bib longs though, so serve as a good inbetweener.

Dave

samuri
    Free Member

I let her wear what she wants.

professorfaceplant
    Free Member

Shorts and neoprene socks – my legs don’t really get cold, as long as my hands and feet are warm all is good in my world

Northwind

Shorts and kneepads… They work as kneewarmers 😉 Waterproof shorts when it’s watery, and sealskinz when I remember them (not perfect but better than not wearing sealskinz)

steve_b77
    Free Member

When it gets cold – like today – I wear full bibs like Endura Etape.

When it gets proper cold – like last winter, Lusso Roubaix bibs, MW80’s & merrino socks

neninja
    Free Member

Got a pair of Ronhills that I wear if it’s fairly cold. If it’s really cold then the Altura windproof fleecy bib longs go on.

Was quite nice today so just wore normal baggies and liner short with a merino long sleeve under a short sleeve jersey.

iainc

I asked similar question the other day :

here

simondbarnes

If it’s dry – merino socks, castelli or santini bib tights
    If it’s wet – merino socks, endura stealth bib tights, FS260 pro bib shorts.

No baggies.

nickswolves
    Free Member

I asked similar question the other day :

here

You can never have enough chat about tights lol 😳

tazzymtb

leather chaps

you do have to ask them nicely though before slipping them on though

FuzzyWuzzy

3/4 or tights under baggies for me, although I’m also going to be using g-form pads over winter which should act as knee-warmers so might be wearing shorts more often. Have some 3/4 waterproof baggies and knee-length sealskins ready to test when the rain hits.

njee20
    Free Member

I let her wear what she wants.

LOL!

Why do we have so many threads about this? Are people losing the power of independent thought?

lowey

Endura Thermostat tights. Very toasty, but make you look like Max Wall.

MartynS

DHB 3/4 here most of the time.. if its really cold, or the 3/4 are in the wash I’ve got some full length ones as well. Really good, always nice and warm and don’t seem to notice them when they get wet.

nickswolves
    Free Member

Anyone got the Polaris 3 Quartz bib tights?

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What do you wear on your lower half!?’ is closed to new replies.