Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • What do you want to get out of your riding in 2017?
  • djflexure

I’m sat here having got myself back to some sort of fitness in 2016 mulling over plans for the next year. I have one big road ride and one significant MTB ride planned; Dartmoor Classic and Lakes Jennride.

Want to ride my mtb more in 2017 but will have to make an effort to drive, perhaps do some more uplifts/downhill (as my son loves it). Would love to do my first Alps trip too.

Must also get back into commuting by bike.

Lummox

For me it’s a mixture

Newish dad and extra work has robbed a lot of the free time with the wife’s running filling a lot of the gaps.

This year I intend to be more organised and enjoy my hobby more, I also intend to achieve a fitness level I had previously with cycling in order to enjoy riding more.

Time to get reacquainted with an old friend

jam-bo

Going long.

Braunton 150 in April
    Pivot 24/12 solo in July

Hopefully http://www.deux-batards.com in September.

paulmgreen
    Free Member

my target is to do 5000 miles overall…. probably 75% road….. Jenn ride on MTB am=nd a few long sportive.

I want to lose 1/2 stone

ton

after having the last 5 months off with a surgery, just to ride, ride and ride some more.
    offroad, onroad, touring, commuting, pootleing and also entered a few events.

pocpoc
    Free Member

My target is just to get out more.
    No numerical target of distance or whatever, just to get out and ride more, run more, proper walks more.
    More time outside = fitter and happier me 😀

weeksy

Top 10 in fun class at gorrick

3.0w/kg on swift average

No hospital visits

maxtorque

I’d love to get a large amount of progression into my DH and Park riding, going large on jumps and drops. BUT, i’m limited by being a massive scaredy pants, and it’ll take a lot of saddle time to overcome that, and time is what i’m not going to have in 2017, which is looking to be a year of crazy work stuff already….. ;-(

postierich
    Free Member

To Explore more of Scotland, and maybe do a foreign bike packing trip. Get out more on a Wednesday night ride only made 55% this year 🙁
    Oh and to help people get into the bike packing malarky

slackboy

I’m working part time so I want to take advantage of that time and do more riding. I’d like to

1) Do another multiday road tour
    2) try bikepacking
    3) improve my basic mountain bike skills so I feel more confident on technical stuff
    4) get fitter

Got 3 days in wales planned for april but nothing else yet.

hairyscary

Variety.
    I seem to have got myself into a routine of doing the same local trails and doing road trips to the same places. The local stuff is ace (Scolty Hill and Bennachie) and the trips are to places like Torridon, Dunkeld and Innerleithen, but I feel that I need to broaden my horizons before things get a bit ‘samey’.
    ……..oh, and more uplifts.
    ……..oh, and go riding abroad again.

So, variety really.

Denis99
    Free Member

I ride a lot at Afan, BPW and Brechfa.

However, I seem to be naturally becoming a little more cautious and don’t ride any of the difficult black graded trails anymore.

Ride the fat bike and e fat bike most of the time now.

Blue grade Singletrack, fireroads, taking my time, taking more photos, stopping for tea and cake are my 2017 goals.

parkesie
    Free Member

Fun with friends

MoreCashThanDash

Want to ride an audax a month, getting back up to at least one 200k. Aiming for 200 miles a month on road.

50 miles a month on the MTB, which basically just means getting out once a week.

Commute to work a couple of days a week, should bring the overall total to 5000 miles.

Also looking to use the Couch to 5k programme to get myself back up to half hour runs. And 1-2 lunchtime sessions a week in the little gym at work.

Just as soon as I shake off this **** cold!

Klunk
    Free Member

a puncture, no punctures in 2016 and look how that turned out 👿

chakaping
    Free Member

Fitness has hit a plateau, so trying to mix things up a bit with more base AND interval-type stuff (instead of just riding) and hopefully a bit of weight loss.

Not bothering with enduro racing, just doing local XC series and gonna try to get more weekends away. The NW Highlands, Cairngorms & North Wales are on the list.

I made the effort to do more “about an hour away” rides in 2016, eg. Peaks & Hebden – so more of that would be good too.

Haze

All road racing…some good finishes in LVRC, top three in the vets category for a local league and 25 BC points to retain my 2nd cat.

vmgscot

Squeeze another year out the 26’r so I can afford another trip abroad.

tomhoward

Torq 12hr Solo
    Relentless 24hr Solo

martymac

Id settle for just getting out.
    I work an irregular shift pattern, (bus driver)
    Its is absolutely staggering how often it can be dry and calm for 6 straight days while im at work, only for 4 straight days of constant rain/gale force winds to start on my journey home.

mark90
    Free Member

Get fitter, get better, riding more frequently and more places, basically getting out and enjoying it.

thepurist

Fall off more. I wuss out of too much stuff because I’m worried about falling off, but 99% of the time falling off is not that bad anyway so I just need to accept the falls and be glad when they don’t happen.

Or just be happy riding within my ever decreasing limits.

phil40
    Free Member

A few trips to BPW, probably on my HT, and some bikepacking with my new fatbike! Hopefully get fit enough to enjoy bimbling around pivot24/12 on my fatbike!

Oh and do lots of cycle commuting, I dropped off last term with back issues!

TiRed

Top 10 in the V50 National Road Race Championships. I’d also like to get my second Cat licence, but that requires me to develop a sprint!

Off road, enjoy riding my cross bike and singlespeed. Teach my nephews and nieces, and maybe a few races.

Oh and ride 16 million metres this year.

Haze

Oh yeah, and build a cross bike!

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

I need to get more riding done in different places outside of my usual Saltburn/Errington/Guisborough/Hamsterley stuff. More trips to the lakes and maybe a jaunt or 2 to Scotland or Wales.

mrhoppy

I’ve got a few bikepacking routes that I’ve been planning which I’d like to get done and the Jennride.

There are a few trails on the map in and around Les Arcs that I’d like to explore while I’m out there. A bit of logistical jiggery pokery to get at them but should be ‘interesting’.

That and getting the new bike thoroughly well used. 😀

muppetWrangler
    Free Member

Just have a bit of a laugh, anything else seems a bit 5 year plan.

allan23
    Free Member

Got a distance target, probably a lot less than most listed here.

Mainly aiming to keep riding and get a few longer rides in, last year was mostly improving after a few years of health problems. Not got better but they’ve got managable.

Mainly want to enjoy being out at my pace and enjoy the scenery, removed the cadence meter and setup the garmin to record GPS info and HR only, no more Live Segments and may even get shut of Strava when the sub runs out.

All useful tools but I get caught up in the stats and forget to stop and look around. 2017 will be about the journey not worrying about how fast I get there.

Viewing 29 posts - 1 through 29 (of 29 total)

The topic ‘What do you want to get out of your riding in 2017?’ is closed to new replies.