Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • What do you think…(upgrade content)
  • bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Evening all,

It’s been ages since my last post so please forgive me…

I’ve got a Cotic Bfe, about 3 or 4 years old with 26 wheels, which leads to my question. I’ve got fulcrum rims (red power SL) and the freehub has gone. I’d quite like wider tyres and to run tubeless (I need new tyres). I spoke to LBS and they said, ok, rims not ideal for going tubeless, so you could get new wheels, but if you want something reasonable, like hope enduro’s your looking at £350 +. They then got me looking at spending more on a 29er. I was looking at a Whyte 29er, but I also really like the Whyte 901. So what I’m asking, is what do you reckon. New wheels for the Bfe or chop it in for a 901 or 29er?

spawnofyorkshire

Superstar are doing a deal on their custom build wheels atm. You could get a really solid set of tubeless ready wheels for circa £200
    Edit: code 25custom till end of October

However the question is do you still enjoy the bfe?
    I keep thinking of getting something other than my 26″ Stanton, then I ride it and the thoughts go back out of my head

bfebikerchap
    Free Member

Thanks Spawnyofyorkshire, I’ve not heard of Superstars, I’ve just had a browse and that might be a great compromise.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘What do you think…(upgrade content)’ is closed to new replies.