Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)
  • What do you think of "mountain bike adventures" on the bike channel?
  • grubbish
    Free Member

Just interested in other people’s opinions

rOcKeTdOg

Makes me want to go ride. Which is what it’s all about

Liftman

Liked it, one of the more watchable mtb programmes on the bike channel.

ton

good. 😀

titusrider
    Free Member

I’m happy with it, as above, makes me wanna ride

prawny

It’s alright innit. I like the title music too (any ideas who it is?)

Anna narks me a bit, possibly because she reminds me of someone who I used to work with who was a nightmare, but Doddy comes across well.

Probably the best stab at an mtb program ever.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Only found this the other night. It’s a like from me.

Bit of a GT/VW etc ad but it’s well shot/presented and gives a great insight into places I’ve never been to but would like to so I guess it’s doing its job.

monkeyboyjc

I like it. The riding shots are good the advice and tips are sound and the presenters are good. It certainly the best Mtb main stream TV I’ve seen.

But…. The premise of the show annoys me – a visit to a trail centre isn’t an adventure in my mind, it’s a day out at best – I wish that they put some off the beaten path trails in there. Tonight’s episode touched on it, but again a few miles of cycle path style bridal way doesn’t cut it.
    I also want Anna to help Doddy fix/maintain the bikes rather than default to “I’m a girl and would rather sip a cocktail” mode every episode.

fisherboy
    Free Member

i like it, on of the best programes on the bike channel.

Filmed by Liam Murphy who always makes a good film.

iainc

Really good, nice to see presenters who can actually do the sport at a well above average level too.

19ninety
    Free Member

any way to watch on demand or download.

mrhoppy

It’s alright and Mrs hoppy will happily sit and watch it which is a novelty for a biking film.

Nice filming but the editing is doing my head in, repetition of things, one of them says something then the other says exactly the same point in a slightly different manner, a few minutes later back to the same point again. It doesn’t really run as a linear programe.

Lots of potential and kind of finding its feet, hope it carries on and it’s a good distraction.

nopunk
    Free Member

I liked the first episode where he fitted her new brakes but obviously couldn’t shorten them to the correct length, so you could see them flapping about the rest of the programme. The reverb hose then got ripped out in her little crash probably for the same reason.

prawny

@nineteen90 don’t know about catch up but it’s repeated, a lot.

flashinthepan
    Free Member

Bike Channel?

Where?

Can someone direct an old Luddite?

portlyone

I thought they’ve been quite good so far. I set them to series record.

http://bikechannel.co.uk/

Bike Sky
    CHANNEL 464
    Bike Virgin Media
    CHANNEL 552
    Bike Freesat
    CHANNEL 251

beltaine
    Free Member

A big thumbs up from me.

muggomagic

I like it. I haven’t seen last nights yet, so no spoilers please 🙂

weeksy

I like it 🙂

I like Anna mmore…

martinhutch

Nice to see some programming aimed at us, but must admit I think MTBing is one of those sports which I love, but makes rubbish telly. Climbing is another one.

Saw the Dalby one and it seemed a bit advertorial.

v666ern
    Free Member

I also want Anna to help Doddy fix/maintain the bikes rather than default to “I’m a girl and would rather sip a cocktail” mode every episode.

This +1000

HATE the way its scripted so Doddy tells her to go back inside and apply some fake tan/straighten your hair FFS.

She’s a great rider in her own right and she’s portrayed as a newbie dumb blond and Doddy as a sexist neanderthal.

gelert
    Free Member

Really enjoyed them so far. It’s nice to see places you’ve not been before.

We were going to Coedy at the weekend anyway but I’d seen the show and asked if Y Slab was open to ride at the VC and it was so we added it to our loop. Awesome. Love what Coedy are doing ATM.

There’s some awkward chemistry sometimes between Anna and Doddy. Quite funny.

Both are great riders.

nairnster
    Free Member

Which sky package would have this. Do you need sky sports?

weeksy

Don’t need Sky Sports no.

jekkyl

I like it overall, however there is too much chatter about BS as noted, I’d like to see less chatter about BS and more bike specific chatter or more riding shots. Also some more big day outs in the wilds rather than just bike parks.

P-Jay
    Free Member

Do you know what?

I really like it, and I like it enough that if there were any little annoyances, they don’t bother me.

I like the pace of it, it’s not AGRO AGRO AGRO, GNAR GNAR GNAR, like some of the ones they used to show on the Extreme Sports Channel, and it’s not LADS LADS LADS like some of the Web ones (I like most of them too, but this is different).

It’s a sort of better version of the Ride Guide programme with Darcey Turenne from years back.

If I could have my way:

I’d like it in HD.

I’d like it online as I’ve cancelled Sky and I can’t watch it until Virgin deliver my new box thing.

deadkenny
    Free Member

+1 in HD. Though it’s free to air so difficult to finance it I guess.

Anna’s pretty good

[video]https://youtu.be/nVI7WrykTA0[/video]

Cycling with Filippa is worth a watch too 😉

scotroutes

Filming “out in the wilds” would be a lot more expensive and time-consuming. It can be done, obviously, you only have to look at what some folk are achieving with God Pros and drones.

gastromonkey
    Free Member

I like the programme and I’m warming to Anna. When she was on the Cycling Show in ITV I found her a little annoying and always felt she had more to give with her knowledge and experience. This new series has proved that and it’s good to see.

marrv
    Free Member

I watched it when the missus fell asleep on the sofa and I regained control of the TV. I thought I would hate it. Was alright and made me want a new bike and some purple riding gear. Shame you only have to watch 5 mins of the program though as it is so repetitive.

v666ern
    Free Member

Drinking game for when they use the term flow?

pdV6
    Free Member

I like it, with pretty much all of the caveats mentioned by others above.

The one thing that gets on my tits a bit is the editing of the script into the films; they always seem to do a voice-over followed immediately with exactly the same piece on-camera. It often feels (to me) like they didn’t like the on-camera version, recorded a replacement to add later and left both in.

Still very watchable though.

chrismac

Im enjoying it, although I though last nights episode was abit weak. Im hoping Doddy learns to relax in front of the camera a bit more, he looks a bit startled rabbit compared to Anna. Some of the waffling on whilst providing the VW adverts is a bit irritating

craig24
    Free Member

Anyone know if this is available online / catch up?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Bit like a lot of countryside/outdoor type programmes on TV where there are so many ad breaks the same script is repeated for before and after ad break and then when they get to the bit they say it again to camera. Much padding. Often more odd on repeat channels when the ad breaks aren’t in the same place.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I like it ( Plus the bike club got a mention on the Coed Y Brenin episode) (NWMBA)
    I guess with only 30 minutes they can’t fit everything in to one episode about each particular area.
    Presenters are good, I remember Doddy from MBUK, he has grown up quite a bit since his early journalistic years.

acidtest
    Free Member

Just had a look on nowtv, not on there unfortunately.

ferrals
    Free Member

I only caught 5 mins of one and didn’t enjoy it but will give it another shot.

I’m probably too intolerant to like it though. I get highly narked if sports get either raddified or dumbed down to make them more palatable for the general population.

P-Jay
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member

Filming “out in the wilds” would be a lot more expensive and time-consuming. It can be done, obviously, you only have to look at what some folk are achieving with God Pros and drones.

I’m sure it’s filmed in HD, the clips they put on Youtube are all in HD, but the Bike Channel only transmits in SD at the mo.

Hopfully they can dump whole eps on YT in the future.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i like it but why oh why can’t you series link anything on Bike.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 88 total)

The topic ‘What do you think of "mountain bike adventures" on the bike channel?’ is closed to new replies.