Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • What do you think about whilst riding solo?
  • djglover
    Free Member

Sex, Work, Kids. Not all at the same time, that would be appaling

DT78
    Free Member

Hmmm, Am I the only one who spends the whole 2-3 hours thinking about work!? Thankfully after that I tend to be able to leave it outside the home though.

debaser

everything and nothing

RockyRobin
    Free Member

what is it about fit female horse riders???

Diane
    Free Member

Road ride – usually sing / think how lucky i am to live in such a beautiful place.
    MTB ride – usually think how much better it would be if i had company

lexiekay
    Free Member

If I’m on my own I sing. Usually the Indiana Jones theme tune… If I’m with other people I’m usually wondering why I’m slower than them!

rp16v
    Free Member

on the commutes i have a mp3 in one ear until i start to hurt or come up to a climb when tierd i just y th ebollox am i doing this then….

tell myself to stop pussying out and push harder after all pain is just weakness leaving the body 😆

pdw
    Free Member

My last night ride was spent mostly thinking about this thread.

Thanks STW.

IanB
    Free Member

On Sunday night going up through Talybont Forest I tried to imagine I was doing the Tour Divide and that I’d been riding for over 100 miles and was looking for somewhere to camp out whilst not getting eaten by bears.

When I popped out of the forest, I could see zillons of stars so I turned my lights off and stood in awe of the scale of the universe. That sort of stuff also makes me think about God, but we’ve done that on another thread…

Climbing over the Gap my mind was blank while I concentrated on my riding line. On the decent I thought about how long the mountain rescue helicopter would take to get to me if I binned it, assuming I wasn’t unconscious and had a phone signal.

And before I knew it I was at the bottom and thinking about what I’d eat when I got back home.

Ian

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ian riding the gap at night sounds awesome.

jools182
    Free Member

I think about the time I have saved by not waiting for my useless mates to get ready

jhw
    Free Member

Nothing. I am in a white space.

That’s why I like it.

stuey
    Free Member

I sometimes wonder when/who will find my body if I badly stack. 😕

jacques
    Free Member

Nothing much, just glad to be out. At times wounder why I am cranking over the moors on a bad weather day at the age of 62.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘What do you think about whilst riding solo?’ is closed to new replies.