Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • What do you reckon, stolen??
  • matthew_h
    Free Member

More likely a scam rather than stolen I reckon. The old "ah, the bike is actually in Spain* but if you pay me the money then I'll get it shipped to you" thing often seen on gumtree.

* insert country of choice.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

i recon it'll be trashed or nicked from a shop.

cullen-bay
    Free Member

methew, well spotted, it says local pick up only. so your probably right. 🙂

bruneep
    vinnyeh

He sold a complete Carbon LT2 back in October. Buyer was happy. Anbrand new Kona Cowan just before that
    No other bikes, just a load of treadmills cash on collection.
    Suspicious me thinks.

benji_allen
    Free Member

Dunno, but someone got a bloody bargain off them before.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260487144204#ht_2062wt_1167

Unless it was a fake auction.

As people have already pointed out. I'm stupid 🙄

matthew_h
    Free Member

Actually thinking about it, were there a couple of Carbon Blurs nicked from Jungle earlier in the year?

bruneep

Dear All

This is a letter I had hoped I would never have to write but unfortunately we had a break in on Tuesday night.

Amongst various office computers, clothing, helmets and the like – the scumbags also took a decent amount of Santa Cruz and Ibis bikes, including pretty much the worlds only Santa Cruz Tallboy that had been shipped over for the Eurobike launch next week.

Tallboy spec:
    Size: Large
    Colour: matte carbon with dark red graphics (one side only)
    Shock: Fox RP23 boost valve
    Fork: Fox 32 F29 100 RLC Taper 15mm (black)
    Spec: XTR with Avid Elixir CR Mag brakes / Easton low rise Monkeylite bars, EA90 stem / Chris King tapered inset headset (black) / Thomson Masterpiece seatpost w/ WTB Silverado saddle / Mavic TN 719 rims on DT 240S hubs / Kenda Smallblock 8 tyres / Unique Santa Cruz rear QR.

This is certainly the only bike of its kind in Europe. And one of only a handful made so far – so its going to stand out like a sore thumb on the trails. Please ask everyone out there – riders, shops and the like, to keep an eye out.

There were also several other bikes, details of which will follow once we start clearing through the mess.

Obviously your help in spreading the word on this is much appreciated – please contact Jungle Products with any information.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘What do you reckon, stolen??’ is closed to new replies.