Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What do you Northerners do to stop your bike freezing up!
  • nacho
    Free Member

I’ve just ridden Woodbury down yer in Devon, it’s maybe -8C, we don’t normally get it this cold. Frozen water in camelback. Frozen gears. I’m not used to it, does this happen oop North? Any tips for antifreezing my bike?

ir_bandito
    Free Member

blow-back in the camelback.
    ride SS/hub gears. Or piss on your derraileur (if its not too cold to find your c0ck)

epicyclo

Don’t wash it, wipe it.

And ride SS rigid.

steve_b77
    Free Member

Build yer bike oop norf and keep it in t’out ‘Ouse along with coal for t’fire and yer prize whippet.

It’ll then acclimatise to normal norfern temps lad

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

if it has more than one gear you need to piss on it.

Pook

Nothing. Mine was frozen solid in the peak this week.

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Piss on it

Drac

BTFU!

JImmAwelon
    Free Member

Piss and cattle drinking trough or stream dunking – Gears, brakes, spds they dont work without it! In snow it is softer crashing though but it doesn’t ever last too long.

patriotpro
    Free Member

It dunt freeze if yer ont move yung en;) Get thee freak on lad an yull be rate.

lipseal
    Free Member

I just pee on mine. 😉

daleftw
    Free Member

Had to de-ice my headtube with a hairdryer the other week. I assume that’s not good.

wors

We go to the pub instead 🙄

geologist
    Free Member

wrap them up in a black pudding blanket 🙂

samuri
    Free Member

Don’t change gear. Don’t use your brakes (in the real north these freeze up too) and don’t bother drinking your water. Simple really.

nacho
    Free Member

Thanks all 😀

stucol
    Free Member

Up here in Scotland it’s not cold enough just now for frozen gears. Only -5 so far at night. And only a slight chance of snow tomorrow in the central belt. (Bit colder in the Highlands.)

Northwind

For the cables to freeze (unless it’s stupendously cold) there needs to be water in them. So don’t have any water in them.

Mechs like to fill with snow then freeze when you park, the solution for me is to administer several savage kicks to each mech. Bit technical.

powerofqman
    Free Member

Get yerself a pie n gravy n crack on with it lad!

takisawa2

SS & rigid. And use your foot on the tyre against the seat stays as a brake.

andyl
    Free Member

add vodka to your camelbak to stop it freezing 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

Add gravy to chain lube to stop it freezing

allthepies
    Free Member

They coat the bike in whippet fat and add meths to the camelbak.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What do you Northerners do to stop your bike freezing up!’ is closed to new replies.