Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • What do you make of your Fox Factory Float 34’s?
  • voodoochris
    Free Member

So I’m in need of a 130mm travel general trail fork and I think I’ve settled on one of these, mainly for their weight (I’m after a light build) and decent reviews. I usually try to buy my kit a year old or so to save a bit of cash and give inherent problems chance to surface.

So, if you run one of these forks what do you make of it? Has it performed well? Not needed to be molly coddled? Been reliable? Etc. Owners opinions / bike shop mechanics opinions greatly appreciated.

VC

Trimix
    Free Member

Got some on my Jeffsy in 140mm flavour.

They are great, so great you don’t notice them till after the ride when you think about what you rode.

Back to back on the same trail with my Capra which has some 36’s they were not far behind. For trail use, XC etc. I’m very happy.

gelert
    Free Member

Mine have been brilliant and I got the absolute worst year model Factory 34s there was – 2013.

They 160mm 26 inch. Bike was bought November 2014.

I think they key thing is to look after them really well in the first year. I did follow the 30 hour lower leg service + 1st year service religiously. Since then I’ve let it slip longer and longer.

I got the FIT4 upgrade at a service and added a Push Tune Volume reducer kit air cap. They’ve performed beautifully since then.

I get them a full service once a year with Polished Racing but I do clean around the seals before and after every ride and spray silicone on the stanchions. No hoses involved.

If they’re any year model newer than mine and especially if they’ve already got the FIT4 damper you’ll be pleased. I believe the new 2018 EVOL air side makes them even better though.

I’m hoping to get 36s on the next bike but I’ve not had any issues with the 34s.

I’ve gone over the service interval this year with my riding. They’re due a service soon but you’d never know from their performance or by looking.

DezB
    Free Member

Got mine in the Mojo Fox sell-off, otherwise never would have been able to afford them! Obviously still pretty new, but performance-wise they are the best forks I’ve ridden. Just added an extra confidence to the Instinct. (29er). They’re the Grip version but never have to move the lever from fully open.
    Obligatory pic.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

I’ve ordered some to go with my new smuggler so am watching with interest.

andy4d

I have the FIT4 performance version but only have a set of Recons to compare them to…..so obviously a great improvement 😆 . Only issue I had was the rebound adjuster seizing after about 7/8 months that was sorted under warranty. I think a few others have had a similar issue.

voodoochris
    Free Member

Cool, thanks for your comments. Can’t beat real world reviews.

Vc

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘What do you make of your Fox Factory Float 34’s?’ is closed to new replies.