Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)
  • What do you do with wet muddy shoes after a ride?
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

dufusdip – Member
    Do people still have newspapers?

Not since the local freebies stopped delivering. Really annoying as I have no free shoe drying paper / food bin liners now 🙁

Anyway, two pairs of Five Tens and one pair drying out. Only problem is if like recently doing two rides in two days in v.wet and boggy conditions, so then had two pairs of shoes taking ages to dry out.

Sealskinz keep the feet dry though and could just wear them wet next ride I guess.

Though I used to leave them muddy in the back of the car and ended up with the soles rotting through.

vickypea
    Free Member

Mr Pea, being a plumbing and heating engineer, made a 4-pronged shoe drier out of copper piping linked to our central heating system. The only problem is that his shoes smell like cat pee when they’re drying! 😆

centralscrutinizer
    Free Member

Leave them to dry on a radiator, just before I put them on for the next ride I bang them together to get the loose mud off. No point cleaning them more at this time of year, they just get muddy again.

benp1

Newspaper for me, but they still take days to dry out if they’re sodden (like walking through bogs or fording streams)

Leaving on a radiator helps. Combo boiler here, otherwise airing cupboard would be good

TiRed

Rinse with hose. Insoles out. Newspaper# in. Dried on water tank in the airing cupboard overnight. Works for road and mtb shoes.

At least that’s what I’m told by the man I hand them to upon my return.

#The Times, of course.

chrisrobs
    Free Member

Wipe them down with a towel, then put them in the foot well of my car on full blast.

bruneep

I quite like that idea, will look at taking a spur off boiler in garage at some point.

I just drop mine off at work and use the roasty toasty drying room we have.

RS4KEV

A really useful thread 🙂 i am now in possession of a boot dryer having never heard of one and a pair of dry 5tens for the first time in ages.

Viewing 8 posts - 41 through 48 (of 48 total)

The topic ‘What do you do with wet muddy shoes after a ride?’ is closed to new replies.