Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • What Do You Do
  • emsz
    Free Member

When some-one you luv lets you down. Really **** you over?

bigbloke
    Free Member

hardcore revenge

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

hmmm, do you need a hug?

clubber
    Free Member

Oh…

Sorry, didn’t think that’s what this’d be about. 🙁

Take a step back, have some time to yourself and try and make decisions that are good for you rather than being borne out out fear of change.

Hope things sort themselves out.

emsz
    Free Member

yes, i need a hug badly

she was seeing someone else

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Option 1 – Pwnage with Bombers
    Option 2 – Wee/Shoe interface

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Don’t spark up no matter what!

Otherwise, what clubber said…however difficult it might seem. It’s good advice. Hope things work out.

emsz
    Free Member

too late darcy, sorry

MrNutt
    Free Member

listen to lots of depressing music, drink & smoke myself into oblivion, let everyone down around me, run up enormous bills I have little hope of paying, generally fall apart and make a show of myself.

I hope that helps.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – shit, I’m so sorry to hear that. If you want to e-mail etc, I can offer a sympathetic ear.

Don’t beat yourself up about smoking this week. We’ll crack that another time.

One thing I can guarantee you, any notion of revenge will, long term, not make you feel better.

*hug*

clubber
    Free Member

Go out riding with friends

Get out of your house for a while (if you live with her)

Try and do things that maybe you didn’t do while with her

Basically, don’t mope around as that’s just crap.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

emsz – Member
    too late darcy, sorry

Nooooooooooooo! 🙁

Keep trying emsz.

juan
    Free Member

stiff upper lips and look very ahead…

In the meantime
    */hug/*

iDave
    Free Member

charlie and Latvian hookers?

and/or, let them go, cut them off, and set yourself up for it to happen again, but hoping that it won’t.

instanthit
    Free Member

From personal experience it does get better, time is a great healer, you may not believe that at present but it is, and new opportunities do arise. Ride your bike, get super fit, just don’t mope about at home.
    Revenge feels like a good thing at the time, but won’t improve things.
    *hug*

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Listen to music… tunes that make you happy.
    Shed a tear or too.
    Ride your bike to the top of a big hill.
    Blast down it.

This brings back memories of a 25 yr old me driving down the M40 at 90 mph, welling up whilst trying to sing along to Juicy by Biggie.
    It’s a cliche but time is a great healer. In the meantime, have a reefer on me.

donsimon
    Free Member

Just remember that you will be ok in the long run. And you’ve always got STW to fall back on in times of need or when you need to remind youself that there really are people worse off than you… 😀

cycleworlduk
    Free Member

more fish an all that…..

emsz
    Free Member

It was a drunk one night stand. A party a few weeks before Xmas. Can’t believe she’d chuck it all way for a drunk fumble with some random.Never seen her look so scared when the girl started talking to us in the pub on Saturday I knew some thing was up straight away

I hate her. I really **** hate her right now. The phones ringing again it’ll be her.

SurroundedByZulus
    Free Member

Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all.

GW
    Free Member

“a drunk fumble” isn’t seeing someone else.
    it’s a mistake!
    fair enough you’re pissed tho.

trio25
    Free Member

Is there something you like to do but don’t do much anymore as she doesn’t? Then do that! Mine is scary films as OH gets too scared.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

Hmmm. This puts a different spin on things.

I know a lot of people wouldn’t. But I’d be prepared to forgive one **** up. Shit happens, it’s how people deal with it that matters. How sorry they are. Only you can know whether you can trust her again, or whether you want to.

hels
    Free Member

If you are still young, it is not a long lived relationship, no kids etc then get out now. Once a cheater and all that. Plenty of other potential partners about. But keep it classy, no burning stuff. Then get drunk. And remember it’s her problem not yours and don’t let it lessen your self worth.

If you are ahem further into your life, have been in the relationship for a while and have dependants well thats a different story and might be worth saving the relationship, have some counselling etc.

Thats what I reckon anyway.

allthegear
    Free Member

Go out – get slightly tipsy – snog random guy/girl – feel better for myself, but not much…

Try to avoid spending money on things to cheer me up…

Seems to work!!

Rachel

MrNutt
    Free Member

Emsz talk to her, perhaps its worth talking to her, maybe its a good idea to consider both taking a break from booze for a bit as it sounds like hedonism is not a positive element in your relationship?

emsz
    Free Member

She’s coming down, we need to talk I know. I just legged it Saturday couldn’t deal with it all. Its so **** up. Why do people do this?

Stupid thing. I made her go to that party. She didn’t want to and I told her to go and have fun, y’know that’s what uni’s all about isn’t it? Don’t I feel like the **** idiot

emma82
    Free Member

If I was you, my advice would be to walk away. She’s done it once and she will do it again, being drunk is no excuse and it’s the only excuse she will probably give you. It’ll hurt like hell but you’ll get through it. Have you got good friends you could turn to/run away to for a day or two? Miserable situation and to be honest, anyone who cheats IMHO is a scumbag and not worth a seconds thought. I appreciate you must feel awful though 🙁

c
    Free Member

I’m not sure I agree with the once a cheater always a cheater thing. It’s always good to talk it through with the other person. I think you can tell if someone really regrets something.

Then it’s up to you to decide if you can forgive and to some extent, over what ever kind of time period, you’re going to need to forget as well otherwise it will always be something that hangs between you.

That’s a rubbish start to the year though and like others I suggest riding bike, def’ not drinking, doing the things that make you feel happy, maybe writing things down so they don’t swim around in your head so much.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – Some people can change, some people can’t. Only you know if she’s a competent liar.

I’ve experienced both sides. One girl who I suspected it of, who I felt was lieing – she was. Another who made a drunken mistake, and who after a shakey couple of months I know I could always trust 100%. The fear I saw in her eyes at the prospect of having ruined things told me she’d never risk it again.

Hope things work out how you want them to…

bullheart
    Free Member

Whereabouts are you? Fancy going out for a ride?

nickf
    Free Member

This is hardly a surprise, if I’m honest. People at university (if I’m any example, anyway!) are still experimenting, and are often having their first serious relationships. It’s often the case that one party might want to take things a little more seriously than the other; for one person it’s “love of my life” material, for the other it might be “sure I like her, but I don’t see it lasting”. Doesn’t matter on the sexuality, it’s just a basic human condition.

As you get a little older you learn that the “drunken fumble” that we’re probably all guilty of at some time or other just isn’t worth it. And if you’re the person being cheated on you have to decide whether it’s a one-off (which you might decide that you can forgive) or symptomatic of a deeper issue. Maybe she’s decided that you’re just not the right person, or that she’s not really ready for a committed relationship.

Either way, you’ll not be the first person to get their heart broken at university. I just hope it works out OK for you, whichever way it goes.

chewkw
    Free Member

At University? Well, while she is still with you, you might as well keep shagging her to hone your skills for your future love of life. This is the time to try out all the techniques.

😈

filthybloke
    Free Member

Talk it through then wee in her shoes.

TheSouthernYeti
    Free Member

emsz – you alright??

Viewing 36 posts - 1 through 36 (of 36 total)

The topic ‘What Do You Do’ is closed to new replies.