Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)
  • What do you collect as a hobby?
  • RichPenny
    Free Member

CD's books and wine really. I derive enormous pleasure from all of them so can't complain.

avdave2

Sidney I thought I was the only one!

turboferret

Can't believe no-one has said bikes 😯

My collection is clearly just at it's fledgeling stage, as I only have 4, but I have grand plans 🙂

Cheers, Rich

Kristen
    Free Member

I collect stones. For a while more specifically stones from the greater 'Axis of evil' countries (i've got Iraq, Iran, N Korea and the US)

simonfbarnes
    Free Member

For a while more specifically stones from the greater 'Axis of evil' countries

let's just hope they never decide they want them back or you're deed 🙁

Sidney
    Free Member

Avdave2 – me too!

I don't feel so sad now.

crazant
    Free Member

I collect memorabilia from the film Amelie, I have the DVD from about 8 different countries, books and printed matter from its release ( i can't even read french) I just find the hunting down and finding an item you didn't know existed the best part….
    Sad i know. I haven't found anything recently so if anyone has anything ???

mudshark
    Free Member

Stamps – I have my Grandad's collection; like many he'd collected as a kid then in the 80s saw a chance to see his hobby as an investment. The value of stamps rocketed then crashed. I should probably see what its worth sometime as I have no interest in it so would like whatever cash I can get I suppose.

Coins – I also have my Grandmother's coin collection which she bought as an investment following some rather dubious advice. She kinda made my take it to Spinks for a valuation – they weren't very impressed….

PePPeR

I've just inherited my Fathers camera collection, I've counted 120 So far, with some of them seeming to cost an awful lot of money!!

My Mother never realised how many he had, and she'd always thought he only had one or two!!

As for myself I seem to be collecting bicycles, in our family of Four there are 11 bikes in the garage, which does seem to be rather excessive.

tankslapper
    Free Member

Scotch Whiskey and ex-wives……

Milkie
    Free Member

Rubbers / Erasers

Think I had over 200 different shaped ones. I think they are in the loft somewhere!

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

scars and memories… I dont think five bikes constitues a collection… now then, what is the collective noun for a few bikes? a gaggle? a faff? a heap? ;o) I like a 'faff' of bikes!

MtbCol
    Free Member

I have a rather large collection of Vampirella comics and merchandise, and I have an equally large J M Linsner art collection.
    I've been looking to offload the Vampi stuff for ages, but I haven't found anyone willing to give anything close to it's last valuation.

I also have a modest collection of Warhammer 40,000 Space Marines in Lamenters livery, something which I started at school and seemed to carry on. Only downside is that Games Workshop are extortionists to say the least, so there isn't much expansiongoing on of late, although I do have a few Marines left to paint over this winter.

mtbmaff
    Free Member

I started with model soldiers, 1st editions of magazines, records, toy cars which then snowballed to real versions [minis]

Now I have started collecting hip flasks, go look on ebay 🙂

masterofinsanity
    Free Member

i collect wives and kids and if i ever come to my senses which hopefully will be soon i will end my collection asap!

Kuco

Dust

mattsccm
    Free Member

Worn out cycle bits that my mates don't want and I don't need! More seriously Nevil Shute hardbacks and old climbing books eg Tilman

juan
    Free Member

STD, but then there isn't an awfull lot of them… 😉

barnsleymitch
    Free Member

Bile and abuse from the STW massive. That, and pubic hair from former victims, I mean girlfriends.

GTDave
    Free Member

Random tat.

jojoA1
    Free Member

I used to collect Billy Bragg stuff, CD's, vinyl, t-shirts, badges, books etc. Lost all my vinyl in a move, but still have the rest lurking in a box somewhere.
    As a child I collected badges and had a couple of t-shirts on a coathanger covered in them, they were like suits of armour. Don't know what happened to them.

Presently gathering ladybirds and stuff with ladybirds on. I have ornaments, teapots, shoes, skirts, hats, all sorts of things. If anyone has an umbrella with red ladybirds on that they don't want, I'd be very interested! 🙂

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Do books count? Especially if they are science fiction? Mainly golden age stuff ( 50s / 60s)

I have a full set of EE doc smith, several Kuttner, full set of Gibson and Hamilton of the recent stuff. Maybe 1000 books in total

sideshowdave
    Free Member

I collect Adidas trainer , got to be pre-90's , old school terrace one mainly 🙂 forest hill’s ,jeans, trim trams, any cites series, etc

also collect music , got a couple of thousand cd , but mainly just mp3's now 😀

Viewing 23 posts - 41 through 63 (of 63 total)

The topic ‘What do you collect as a hobby?’ is closed to new replies.