Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What do you call…? (external door content)
  • deadlydarcy
    Free Member

On, say, a Victorian entrance, where you have a step up to the door, you often have a brass/aluminium piece which curves in a right angle around the step, protecting the first joist (on the external face) and the first six inches (ish) of floor inside the door. This piece, if straightened, would probably be around nine inches deep.

I used to know what this thing was called but I can’t ****’ remember now.

Anybody have any idea?

BigJohn

Threshold?

philconsequence
    Free Member

it’s called the flubermajigger

FACT.
    thread closed.
    kids face.
    baby robin.
    muslim swans.
    TJ defence.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Threshold?

No, I know what you mean, but it’s not quite a threshold.

Oh, and thanks Phil. 😉

Drac

Phil you failed, you forgot a lolz cat.

Not sure if you mean the foot plate thingy majig for wiping ye olde boots on?

philconsequence
    Free Member

anytime, as you can see i’ve decided to change my forum persona to one that only posts on threads i can help by answering the OP’s question in a sensible/sensitive and mature way.

i dont know if anyones noticed, but i’ve dramatically cut down on teh lulzcatz… instead i keep noticing other people posting them and even the odd moderator posting them. in the same way any group ride at swinley forest is now known as a “sexy party”, one day you’ll tell your grandkids about the legend of phil bringing lolcats back to STW 8)

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

foot plate

Sounds familiar.

*runs off to google*

anytime, as you can see i’ve decided to change my forum persona to one that only posts on threads i can help by answering the OP’s question in a sensible/sensitive and mature way.

I phillibiter

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

🙁

Foot Plate not working

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

That’s more or less the one. Cheers Stoner (just need one that comes down a bit deeper on the external – but good starting point). 🙂

st

Nosing

BigJohn

It’s OK Stu, it’s a public forum. You can look without being nosey.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What do you call…? (external door content)’ is closed to new replies.