Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)
  • What do you all spend your money on?
  • Cost of living aside.

The majority on here seem averse to spending money on cars and clothes, have minimal mortgages, but do like holidays.

So, is it 2/4/6, maybe more weeks abroad a year, or is it all just squirreled away until you retire – if illness/armageddon doesn’t get you first?

Drac

I piss money away something rotten, I really must get a grip on my finances. I do like good food so when out with the kids and the wife we eat well.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Pudding.

zoo200
    Free Member

I spend a fortune on bikes and stuff i have a new bike every 6 months if i can

just bought another Alfa so ill be spending money on the fuel running it 🙂

ton

bit on bikes
    bit more on beer
    little bit more saved

bikebouy
    Free Member

I seem to be going through extraordinary spend on bike bits ATM.

My Look Keo Carbon Blades just seized and broke the spindle, you won’t beleive how pissed off I am about that.

jambourgie
    Free Member

Booze, music, women, drugs. The rest gets wasted.

TheBrick
    Free Member

I have either a takeaway or a lunch out once a week (usually on a w/e), travel to HK once every other year, camping a couple of time a year. If I have a job to do I will always try to buy a decent tool. Otherwise it all goes on “life”.

wanmankylung
    Free Member

What’s this money that you speak of?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

i’ve had to become a tight arse….so not a lot…after a while you become pretty scrooge like….it’s quite amusing and amazing how much you can not spend if you have the will…

currently in a sleeping bag and blanket on the sofa because i don’t want to spend on the heating…lol…its quite cosy 😆

i used to be completely the opposite…. but i’m not unhappy.

matt_outandabout

All of it seems to go on practicalities, apart from a few pennies found down the back of the sofa.

dannybgoode

Getting a P before my username so I don’t have to put up with the intrusive ads and puddings.

Pretty much wipes out any disposable income I have had…

climbingkev
    Free Member

I try to smash out the mortgages….. Boring I know, but it’s my future planning. I also like beer… A lot! I like to think I’m pretty sharp on keeping bills down etc. I part with money on “experiences” far more willingly than “goods”. For example; at least 5 weeks away a year and 50% of my clothes are more than 5yrs old. I might look like a tramp, but I do so in nice places, doing fun stuff with my family!

dantsw13

If I could train my wife to :

Turn off lights
    Turn down the thermostat
    Stop buying shit we don’t use and throw away from Ocado

I could afford to waste more on bikes!!!

oliverracing

Bikes and holidays, as a student I don’t have a huge amount of spare money, but for example I toured europe (to slovenia) last summer for 3 weeks for a total of £340, and planning something similarish this summer too

jim25

Biscuits.
    I’m buying a huge amount of bourbon creams biscuits.

If I could train my wife to :

Turn down the thermostat

Don’t worry – one day she will hit the menopause. Then you will freeze!

househusband

Mid 40’s, no kids, reasonable income and an MoD pension that covers the car loan… goodness knows where it goes. Don’t spend much on clothes or eating or drinking out but I do like my beer, wine and whisky.

Yup, that’s it; beer, wine and whisky.

MoreCashThanDash

Mostly on the kids – one does Brownies, gymnastics, swimming and flute lessons, the other does Scouts, flute lessons and plays the flute in two bands. Normal cost must be getting close to £100 a month.

Plus the extras from that – wife, son and daughter are at an international jamboree this summer, think that’s £400 altogether, MCJnr has a £300 school trip to France this year. Next year LittleMissMC has a £100 school trip, MCJnr has the chance to do a tour in Belgium with the band which is £400.

And his next flute will be £1000 plus, unless we get lucky with a second hand one coming up at the right time.

jota180
    Free Member

Wish I knew 😕

Motorbikes and holidays I guess, not spent anything on push bikes for well over a year now

DrJ

I have no idea, and I don’t understand why there’s none left at the end of the month 🙁

bencooper
    Free Member

Random bits of machinery, mostly. Bought a model Hele Shaw hydraulic pump recently. Spent two weeks worth of disposable income on a bit of a Concorde engine. Sensible stuff like that.

Oh, and coffee. And beer brewing ingredients.

Most of my money goes into a joint account which pays for all the important stuff, like food and shoes for the offspring.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Good times with te wife and kids and the rest on **** food shopping it would seem!

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

Beans, taters, veg, rent, birthdays, paints, brushes, canvas and vet bills.

Thank Odin I currently have credit for bike maintenance.

ads678

Pudding

I’m not allowed pudding until I tidy away all the stuff I’ve been buying!!

2unfit2ride
    Free Member

My biggest bill is the mortgage, over a grand a month, I’m hoping retirement will be possible 🙁

climbingkev
    Free Member

Pudding 😆

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Wine, lots of wine. Gin, tonic, holidays (with copious quantities of wine & Gin & Tonic thrown in) fishing gear & fuel for the car to go fishing (130 mile round trip cos It’s sea fishing)
    Wine, lots of wi……oh yeah, mentioned that already.

Naff all on bikey things for ages.

tomtomthepipersson

We seem to be haemorrhaging money at the moment… in the last month or so i’ve booked a holiday to Ireland, spend about 200 quid on vinyl (plus a new turntable) for the missus’ 40th and bought a new mac. Last night I spent 2 and a bit grand booking a long weekend in New York (her 40th again). And next month we’ve got some building work starting which together with a new kitchen will land us a 30k bill.

Anything left will be spent on wine. And possibly some food for the kids or the cat.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Well on the quiet months of work, there is no spare.
    After that bike bits, beer, furniture (kind of a requirement) and going away.

stevedoc
    Free Member

Hookers and drugs …. in my mind ,but the sad truth is the house ,kids ,wife ,cars ,bikes and food < eating out at least once a week ,

This month has seen , son daughter wife and sisters birthdays anniversary next week ,mothers day this weekend and wifes car tax at the end of the month . I hate March ,roll on Summer weekends away

tlr

Savings. God knows what we are saving for mind, that info seems to be above my pay grade.

johnj2000
    Free Member

This last cpl of years it’s been bikes but I have all I need now………honest, so moving onto whisky.

seosamh77
    Free Member

Earn it, spend it (on whatever). I’ll either get lucky and come it to money, or will live like a peasant when i’m older! 😆

ElShalimo

Kettle Chips

marmaduke
    Free Member

Me and my flatmate have just made it through the winter without using the heating once (apart from when my girlfriend came round and literally cried so I’d turn it on). I sleep in two sleeping bags and a wool blanket. That money’s going towards a holiday to make it worthwhile.

BigDummy
    Free Member

I am in the very fortunate position of not spending all my money. I “invest” loads of it. This seems to be roughly the same as spending it, but you have nothing to show for it.

🙂

dan86
    Free Member

Bikes, guitars, beer, whisky and trips to Scotland. Anything leftover gets put into savings for a house. And Nice n’ spicy niknaks!

Bregante

Kids

Three of the blighters

milky1980
    Free Member

Bike stuff.
    Biking trips.
    A savings account for my little nephew so he can blow it all on (hopefully) bike bits and trips.

Err… Spare bike bits?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 91 total)

The topic ‘What do you all spend your money on?’ is closed to new replies.