Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)
  • What do you actually ride with more than 500 lumens?
  • coastkid
    Free Member

Riding wi the Massif you need a big light cause of the shadow from the sex pests big heed 😆

Wish they would switch the lighthouses on again, used to get 5 big arcs of light which would light up Yellowcraigs beach at night, you had to wait about 10 secs between the 5 floods though… 🙂

Yoda, plenty storage room in my man cave for that big keg if your struggling for space 😉

kudos100
    Free Member

Is better.

Night riding for me is about being able to ride during autumn, winter and Spring. More light = faster and more fun. End of.

Sand in your vagina again GW?

dadster21
    Free Member

Have 1000 on the bars an 300 on the head. If you are riding Whites Level in the dark and driving rain and you want to get down in one piece then you need more than 500. You can get down with this amount of light, sure, but it is faster and more fun with more lumens……. 🙂

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    proteus
    Free Member

GW’s bike yesterday:

Just before riding all the better trails in the locale, better than you.

winterfold
    Free Member

Good thread this.

On my tod offroad 500 lumens on a helmet light is loads and my eyesight is not great. I don’t want to see as much as I do in the day – night riding IMO is a different vibe.

But… If you ride in a group then your shadow becomes an issue so you need more power even if you don’t want it else you are just looking at your own dark outline.

On the road in Winter – we all have big lights on full chat – if for no other reason than it completely freaks out cars who think it’s a combine or tank squadron 🙂

doug_basqueMTB.com

Funnily enough the first time I met GW was at the top of spooky wood. He was on what looked like a small girls bike, it was just getting dark and he had no lights. We offered him to follow us down and as I remember he ended up overtaking us and riding off into the semi-darkenss. You’ll probably not remember it GW but it stuck in my mind. I think I was with Sanny.

wwaswas

He was on what looked like a small girls bike, it was just getting dark and he had no lights.

The sort of ‘random odd bloke in the woods’ meetings that solo nightride fears are made of – hence the eye searing lights I use. By the time they’ve got some night vision back I’m gone. 😉

GW
    Free Member

doug_basqueMTB.com – Member

Funnily enough the first time I met GW was at the top of spooky wood. He was on what looked like a small girls bike, it was just getting dark and he had no lights. We offered him to follow us down and as I remember he ended up overtaking us and riding off into the semi-darkenss. You’ll probably not remember it GW but it stuck in my mind. I think I was with Sanny. Ha ha Doug, Yeah I remember it well, that was the perfect end to a great days riding. not seen Bob, Sanny and all that lot in ages.
    Oh.. and it actually was a “girls bike” it belonged to my ex missus’ (a wee cheapy alu hardtail with 1999 judys and v brakes) I used to steal it as it was a much more sensible weight for climbing compared to my own hardtail

doug_basqueMTB.com

Ha ha, I was sure it looked like a girls bike. I remember wondering whether to let you go or to edge in front, and then you were pretty much gone.

cynic-al
    Free Member

Ha Ha GW rides a girlz biek.

Would like to come night riding fella. Email me?

GW
    Free Member

Don’t think many WM riders are up for it this week but I’ll probably head out Mon/tues night on my own anyway (I’m busy the rest of the week). Contacting me through the ELmtb FB group is easiest.

cliffyc
    Free Member

I used to run a Cateye Stadium,up here in the Lakes.Fantastic off road (a little blue-ish,but hey-ho!).It was a pain on road sections,had to aim light down at road,followed on two occasions by plod in car wondering WTF was riding??.Using a Exposure Maxx D now,can turn down beam = mucho better.Seems enough light for me,anyway!!

Viewing 12 posts - 81 through 92 (of 92 total)

The topic ‘What do you actually ride with more than 500 lumens?’ is closed to new replies.