• This topic has 20 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by julzm.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • What do we think of Ibis Mojo HD3
  • julzm
    Free Member

What’s the collectives opinion of Mojo HD3?

I cannot find one single negative thing in any review of them and having demo’ed one last week can concur with a lot of what was written.

Interested in what folks’ experiences are of them in real life.

Davesport

Have you checked out the price tag ?

Singletrackmonkey
    Free Member

Great bike. Only problem I had was the db inline bladder blew but that was sorted under warranty via tftuned.

julzm
    Free Member

@davesport – yes…. I’ve liked these bikes forever but was always out off by that but they can be had frame only

@singletrackmonkey fantastic pic that. New ones come with a fox evol shock which was really good, even though I’ve never liked fox shocks (never had one that worked properly for a lighter rider). Got cane creeks on other bikes and it was as good as the DB air CS.

mikeep
    Free Member

I demo’d one back to back with a Ripley on the same rooty/muddy course.

Was good but slower, less grippy and less fun than the Ripley.

julians
    Free Member

Cant comment specifically about the HD3, but I had an original HD and it was great, and the backup/customer support from Ibis was really good too.

I’m sure if the hd3 suits you it’ll be a great bike

vinnyeh

HD3

jakethemech
    Free Member

One of the best pedalling, most versatile 150mm travel bikes you can buy at the moment. Check out the Classified section, I’m selling my mint 2016 complete large HD3 for £2500 or nearest offer.

jakethemech
    Free Member

Thanks vinnyeh – you beat me to it! 😀

julzm
    Free Member

That bike is an absolute bargain for someone – unfortunately not my size though and I’ve always hankered after the blue ones. The one I demo’ed was green though and very very nice. Good luck with the sale.

Mikeep – heard very good things about the Ripley also but 29ers not for me.

You all seem to be confirming what I already thought – there is no negative! 😀

Northwind

Try before you buy though, if you can- you might want to consider going up a size as they’re pretty short in wheelbase and reach. (the XL is almost of a size with my medium BMC) Whether that bothers you or not is a different matter…

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Julz, I’ve always fancied a mojo, but….

After buying a SB66 a couple of years ago, and riding various bikes of my mates since, I really struggle to justify paying a that kind of cash for a frame p ever again. I’ll personally never do it again, instead I’ll go for a strive or summit as I really don’t think a ride of my ability can feel the difference.

Don’t get me wrong, I absolutely love my yeti, it’s the best bike I’ve ever ridden, but I don’t think I’d feel any worse with a strive or a Capra.

Just a thought pal.

Greg.

bramblesummer
    Free Member

Mine has been outstanding. Moved from a DW link 5 spot to the HD3 and never looked back. It is genuinely a proper all day adventure machine. It’s not perfect, and is horrendously priced, but I’m extremely pleased with it.

If you want to be mega picky then the DB Inline as stock isn’t reliable, the bearings are only protected by their own seals and the head tube tolerance has meant some people can’t fit a CK headset as it is a bit oversized compared to some frames. I did have a bushing issue, but it was resolved next day by 2Pure.

Overall, I’m keeping this for a long while.

julzm
    Free Member

Northwind – I demo’ed it last week and it’s the bike that fits me better than any other. OH describes me as having women syndrome “long legs and short arms” 5’8″ but 33″ inside leg so bike fit is always difficult but this one was spot on. Rode it on trails I know well and love (zoom or bust, dave’s trail etc) so I could tell the difference between that and the bronson. Did comment it was short on reach but suits me perfectly.

Nobeer – that’s initially what’s always put me off with them….too expensive for what it is. Got a second full suss though that I never ride so gonna sell the frame and forks from that, which gets me the frame only option. Also got a very good deal option on the Mojo.

Just always had a thing for blue Mojos since I first saw one about 2 years ago. To then demo it and love it was just the perfect combo for me. I love my bronson but this was something else and totally different from what I’ve already got.

Appreciate the advice guys.

julzm
    Free Member

Bramblesummer – thanks. The 2016 has the fox evol shock which was bloody good. I’ve got a DBinline on the bike I’m gonna sell and like it but not as easy to set up as the DBair, just couldn’t get it exactly as I wanted it so glad to have the fox evol option.

mynamesnotbob
    Free Member

Bloody love mine. Run it with a 36 up front and an x2 shock. Most versatile bike I e ever ridden, just love it. I built the perfect bike to me, and it’s just great

joelowden

I demoed one and the next day I demoed a Pyga 120.. I bought the Pyga:- more fun , more involving and more confidence inspiring .

pitchpro2011
    Free Member

I love mine it does everything way better than I can. Only gripe for me is I don’t like the internal routing ports, but that’s it after nearly a year. The cane creek shock works great.

Northwind

julzm – Member

Northwind – I demo’ed it last week and it’s the bike that fits me better than any other. OH describes me as having women syndrome “long legs and short arms” 5’8″ but 33″ inside leg so bike fit is always difficult but this one was spot on. Rode it on trails I know well and love (zoom or bust, dave’s trail etc) so I could tell the difference between that and the bronson. Did comment it was short on reach but suits me perfectly.

What size did you take? Medium?

John_Key
    Free Member

Great bike. Had one since April 15 and I have done 2,500km on it so far and previously I had owned a HDR, but my feeling is the HD3 is a slightly better design and it is more dialled. It has the DB inline and I have had no problem with that, but I understand others have. The shock does work very well IMHO. Bike has been used for Alp uplift days, long day rides and I like technical rocky/rooty riding and it handles all of that very well.

I have been super impressed with the riding characteristics of this bike and would recommend one. I’m 5′ 10 and ride a large frame.

julzm
    Free Member

Northwind – yep a medium. Fitted me perfectly but could definitely see how it might seem a bit short on the top tube for some.

Still no negatives in this. I can’t see any either. Watch this space…..

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘What do we think of Ibis Mojo HD3’ is closed to new replies.