Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)
  • What do we think of Britain's Big Three chatshow hosts?
  • derek_starship
    Free Member

Norton, Carr and Ross to name names.

I must admit that I watch all three and enjoy them immensely. This could be something to do with the 14.5% pinotage I’m normally drinking whilst viewing.

I like the hosts and the formats and they have some really good guests on there these days.

Alan Carr’s drinks globe cracks me up!

Junkyard
    Free Member

never ever watch chat shows
    life is too short and I am sober

scotroutes

That, I think. Probably one of the reasons I’m not up to date on who todays “celebrities” are. Didn’t it all go downhill after Parky and Ali anyway?

sc-xc

I used to watch Ross when he was on the BBC, don’t like Carr – and hate Norton.

How about Titchmarsh?

Northwind

Graham Norton can be brilliant when he lets the brakes off a bit… Though he seems to play it a bit safer these days. Christopher Lambert swordfighting with a dildo was pretty memorable… His guys seem to have the gift of picking compatible guests too, quite often he’s just sitting there letting them spark off each other, nice that he doesn’t feel like he has to be the star.

Cannot stand Alan Carr but that’s OK, maybe he wouldn’t like me either.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Alan has got Sheridan Smith on his sofa tonight.

This is tempered somewhat by that shower of pustules from Made in Chelsea.

kimbers

Junkyard – lazarus
    never ever watch chat shows
    life is too short and I am sober

this^^ though off my nut or sober they dont interest me

dabble
    Free Member

Didn’t it all go downhill after Parky and Ali Clarkson anyway?

FTFY 😉

Coyote
    Free Member

Chat shows are little more than an opportunity for the guest to plug their latest product.

neilforrow

WOAH! you are forgetting the interviewing behemoth of Piers Morgan…

How could you.

jools182
    Free Member

Ross gets more annoying by the day

Tired old nonsense

Mister-P
    Free Member

They would all have front seats on the Double Decker Of Doom that should be filled with celebrities and driven off a cliff.

Philby

They have in common the ability to make me do something else rather than watch them massaging their own egos and that of their celebrity guests.

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

I can’t stand any of them.!!!

sharkbait
    Free Member

Ross = class ‘A’ tit
    Norton = quite funny
    Carr = …. who?

RustySpanner

Not been the same since Russell Harty died. 😀

If you want an intelligent chat show, Radio 4 is your only option.
    Norton, Carr & Ross make me want to pull the legs off kittens.
    There isn’t enough wine in the world to make me watch any of them.

DezB
    Free Member

Probably the last chat show I enjoyed

stever
    Free Member

Light entertainment only. Nobody’s allowed to ask proper questions any more, too much agreed in advance, too much product to puff. The fake interviewers like Mrs Merton, The Kumars, Jack Whitehall get people to reveal more of themselves sometimes.

winston_dog
    Free Member

They would all have front seats on the Double Decker Of Doom that should be filled with celebrities and driven off a cliff.

this

Houns

Liked Ross when he was on the Beeb. Don’t like the other two

nedrapier

I can’t really be arsed with chat shows either.

If you like a good interview/conversation, but don’t like the emptiness of chat show pluggoramas, check out the Marc Maron podcast, “WTF”.

Hour long conversations, rather than: “Are you like your character in the new film? Let’s see a clip.” Enough time to get into some stuff and really learn about people. Guests are largely comics and musicians: Mel Brooks, Robin Wiliams, Dylan Moran, Stewart Lee, John Cale, Iggy Pop to name a few (6). He’s a great conversationalist; interested and interesting. Last 50 are free, $4.99 is well spent for access to all 400+

wl
    Free Member

No one makes me reach for the remote quicker than Alan Carr, and that includes Piers Morgan. The bloke’s a total ass.

anonymouse
    Free Member

Is Wogan so quickly forgotten?

konabunny
    Free Member

Nedrapier – YES! Ben. Listening god 2-3 years now. Marc Maron is great. Those who don’t know him will find it easiest to get into if they start with a live show or with a show with someone who they already like. It’s a slow burn. The Cribbins one that just came out is excellent but challenging.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would rather wander around a hospice watching people die than watch a chat show, i do appreciate we all have different tastes but we should all at least maintain standards and retain dignity.

cheekyboy
    Free Member

I would rather wander around a hospice watching people die than watch a chat show, i do appreciate we all have different tastes but we should all at least maintain standards and retain dignity.

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

Norton is good i enjoy…

Ross is not

Carr is Meh..

sparkingchains
    Free Member

Awful, awful people.

Northwind

cheekyboy – Member

I would rather wander around a hospice watching people die than watch a chat show

That does sound pretty good

rogerthecat
    Free Member

What happened to a proper journo like Parky interviewing people and doing so with skill and judgement rather than second rate stand up comedians finding something else to do?

Carr – crap
    Ross – last credible in the 80s
    Norton – barely tolerable
    Morgan – complete arse

cloudnine
    Free Member

Smashed up a perfectly good radio listening to Norton one Saturday morning.. that laugh just got to me.
    Godsend in someways as I bought a dab radio and balance was restored with no R2 anymore.
    Find them all a bit meh especially GN.

jambourgie
    Free Member

icarus
    Free Member

Mindless braindead crap,(climbs back on fence!)

brakes
    Free Member

I used to like Ross, not sure what changed to make him so bad.
    Used to like Norton when he was more of a late night potty mouth and when his act was fresh, now he’s annoying.
    never liked Carr, his persona just makes my teeth itch.

the guests are always the same people, the shows try to be funny – they don’t need to be all the time.

bring back Wogan and Parky, and even Ross when he at least tried to ask some serious questions.

butcher

Used to watch Graham Norton when he was first on TV, must be many years ago now. Not really watched it for years, maybe it got stale, maybe I forgot. I don’t really have any interest in watching it any more either way.

Jonathan Ross is a good chat show host, but I think he’s a bell end to be honest, a bit like Chris Moyles. Their humour looks down on people.

Alan Carr I have never watched. He has an annoying voice.

bigblackshed

Mrs Merton to Debbie McGee: “So, what first attracted you to the millionaire Paul Daniels?”

Class!

CountZero

There’s a thousand things I’d rather be doing, up to and including watching grass grow, rather than watch any chat show/reality TV show/celebrity product placement show.
    And Piers Morgan? Vile, self-important little shit! Nothing could make me watch anything with him involved.

misinformer
    Free Member

Ross has crept back onto TV after having a pop at someones daughter with Mr Lairy ?

Viewing 38 posts - 1 through 38 (of 38 total)

The topic ‘What do we think of Britain's Big Three chatshow hosts?’ is closed to new replies.