Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • What do I want for my birthday? Ideas please.
  • RustySpanner

Ms Spanner is getting fractious because I’ve not expressed any desire for a birthday prezzie.

Probably about £250.00 max, maybe a bit more if it’s something she likes.
    She did buy me a lampshade* once though when I said ‘just get me anything’, so probably best if I specify something.

Watches? I’ve got a G-Shock and a cheap Casio – no desire for any others.

Bikes? Could do with a crank, cassette & chain for the tourer, but it’s a bit boring.
    A new road/cx frame would be great – anything reasonably priced knocking about?
    Needs to be comfy, cheap & geared. Everything else is negotiable.
    S/H Cross Check?

Photography? Don’t want anything just now.

HiFi? – Been offered a new pair of Monitor Audio RS1’s (old stock) for £299, very tempted.

Shooting? Want a new air rifle, but she won’t buy me one because she doesn’t believe I’ll stick to target shooting and won’t go hunting ickle bunny wabbits with it.
    To be fair, she’s right.

She’s offered to buy me a desktop computer, but I like arsing about wih flight sims and I don’t think £300 will get me anything that’ll handle that, so I’ll probably pass.
    Would be fine if I could put some money towards, but it doesn’t feel like a prezzie that way.

Guitars?
    You know, a Squire Jazzmaster, Yamaha acoustic or a secondhand Gordon-Smith might just fit the bill.
    But I don’t use the one I’ve got enough to justify it.

So, it’s looking like LEGO again unless anyone can come up with something better?

Ta in advance.

*Darling, it’s a lovely lampshade and looks fantastic on the upstairs landing. Yes, I know it’s handmade. Yes, it really suits the house. I’ll put tea on, shall I?

Cougar

She’s offered to buy me a desktop computer, but I like arsing about wih flight sims and I don’t think £300 will get me anything that’ll handle that, so I’ll probably pass.
    Would be fine if I could put some money towards, but it doesn’t feel like a prezzie that way.

Let her buy you the PC, buy yourself a graphics card.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Steak and a BJ?

RustySpanner

Any recommendations?
    I like IL-2 1946 and MS Flight Sim X.

Will do some research, but any ‘best buy’ suggestions much appreciated.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Any recommendations?

Well, I’d go for a sirloin for the first part…..

ElShalimo

dirty weekend away

RustySpanner

CaptainFlashheart – Member

Steak and a BJ?

You’ve put your prices up. 😀

Well, I’d go for a sirloin for the first part…..

Bloody southeners, appearance over taste every time.
    Rump FTW, innit?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Lightweight tent to go bikepacking? You could hang a lampshade in some of the taller ones.

RustySpanner

rogerthecat – Member

Lightweight tent to go bikepacking?

Got one.

I could go for a skills course. Just thought about that.

slackalice
    Free Member

Request that she donates the pressie fund to a charity of your choice and have a great birthday chap! 😀

nedrapier

Back in the good ole days in Texas, when stage coaches and the like werepopular, there were three people in a stage coach one day: a true red blooded born and raised Texas gentleman, a tenderfoot city slicker from back East, and a beautiful and well endowed Texas lady. The city slicker kept eyeing the lady, and finally he leaned forward and said, “Lady, I’ll give you $10 for a blow job.”The Texas gentleman looked appalled, pulled out his pistol, and killed the city slicker on the spot. The lady gasped and said, “Thank you, suh, for defendin’ mah honor!” Whereupon the Texan holstered his gun and said, “Your honor, hell! I ain’t gonna stand by and watch no tenderfoot doublin’ the price of blowjobs!”

RustySpanner

slackalice – Member

Request that she donates the pressie fund to a charity of your choice and have a great birthday chap!

Go away quickly.
    Never darken my trousers again.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Knickers. Crotchless.

slackalice
    Free Member

Each to their own 😉

ampthill

Have you got a lego mindstorm?

Graphics card?

Day learning to ride a trials motor bike

stumpyjon

New X wing ultimate collectors series out on Friday, £170, I know what I’m getting for my birthday next week, go nicely with my Christmas B wing. Good investment as well, the older kits sell for more on ebay now than when new.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Two carrier bags full of ale 😉

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Sorry, I’m getting mixed up with when Christmas came early last week!

trevron73
    Free Member

How about an entry to a race abroad next year just for fun? roc d,azur or something or a lovely arty picture for t’walls ?

edhornby

ribeye – you effectively get 2 different cuts of steak

bottle of single malt

clothing?

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Reflector telescope – hours of fun trying to focus on a tiny bright dot as it moves just out of your field of view.

chewkw
    Free Member

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘What do I want for my birthday? Ideas please.’ is closed to new replies.