Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • What do I need to service a set of Rockshox Tora TK coil shocks?
  • yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Have these forks on my spare bike. The lockout has stopped working and they feel very boingy, more so than when they were new 5 years ago.

Is there a service kit? Any special tools required?

Or would I be better off just getting something else secondhand?

They’re straight steerer, 26″ qr if it makes a difference. 2010 model I think

yetidave
    Free Member

contact someone like Logo tuning, or TF Tuning for seals etc. But its a 6 yr old fork which hasn’t been touched since new? I wouldn’t spend money sending it somewhere.

Have a look on utube for the sequence to drop the lowers off. Usually very easy. The lockout prob stopped due to lack of oil, so long as nothing seized. Empty the oil out which will look like something from a swamp. Clean everything with isopropyl alchohol or similar, find out how much and what type of oil (get from Halfords or similar, does not need to be RS oils most fork oils will do). Put back together and ride.

philjunior
    Free Member

IF the damping’s off, as yetidave said it’s probably just low on oil. Whipping the lowers off and cleaning them/replacing fluids may well do the job.

I had a set where the lockout went after riding down a hill with them locked out, I think an O-ring had blown out of place, but I ended up selling them as they were (the lockout assembly didn’t want to come out – it unthreaded OK but clearly something was out of place within the stanchion). The rebound still worked OK.

I remember my Toras were about £120-150, and the motion control lockout assembly was £70 or so, so had I managed to remove it and found something beyond an O ring wrong I probably would’ve put up with no lockout.

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

OK, so just an oil change might work. A little Christmas project.

I wasn’t planning on spending much on them – definitely not sending them away!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘What do I need to service a set of Rockshox Tora TK coil shocks?’ is closed to new replies.