Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)
  • What dishwasher dear hive mind?
  • maxray
    Free Member

So, need to obtain said dishwasher asap as have a gaggle arriving for xmas and its the last bit of the kitchen rejig to sort.

Was leaning towards a Meile as our fridge freezer has been ace ( as ace as a white good can be!) .

Hear Bosch are good on a budget, but any suggestions appreciated. Budget up to 6-700 .

Cheers,

:o)

FunkyDunc
    Free Member

Not looked that recently, but BOSCH got crap reviews when we looked. Why spend so much on something that wont do a better job than a £300 one?

MrNero50
    Free Member

Had our Bosch one, 8 years, absolutely no issues. We only bought it to match the other white goods. 😳

I don’t think at your budget there will be much in it.

maxray
    Free Member

Quite happy to spend as little as possible if it does the job properly funkydunc. Leaves more money for bikes!

pictonroad

Bosch one with the tray at the top for cutlery, far better than the cutlery box thing. Our Bosch is magic, brilliant at cleaning and practically silent, I love it.

winston_dog
    Free Member

Miele are great but very expensive.

I got a s/h one for £70 off fleabay, was lucky to get it for that much mind.

cbmotorsport
    Free Member

Bosch. All our appliances are Bosch, and they’ve been great.

drlex
    Free Member

On my experience, cheap out & save money. Last house had a Zanussi that has no problems in the five years up to sale; now have a £200 Beko for four years (yes; aware of electrical fire problem on some models & no; this wasn’t one). Avoid Fisher & Paykel unless you like tinkering & expensive parts.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Bosch here too but for 300 quid and i was impressed with how quiet it is compared to my parents very expensive built in howdens ( what every they use) dishwasher. You cant sit and have a conversation in theirkitchen when theirs is on although the fact its built in may mean the vibrations are echoing through the wood.

My parents previous zanussi was bought when i was in primary 2. So about 1993- they pnly got rid of ot 2 years ago for the noisy integrated thing- never had a thing go wrong with it.

Basil

AEG. Has been and is fantastic for eight years now.

wrightyson
    Free Member

Bosch, tis awesome! Used virtually every day for 6 years so far. Super hot and cleans/drys brilliant.

geoffj

Bosch and plumb it into the hot feed.

trail_rat
    Free Member

Depending on whats heating your hot water surely.

Drac

Bosch here got it for about £350 on a deal I forget where but Hotdeals Uk often has them.

It’s far far better than the Hotpoint it replaced which was only about £50 cheaper that needed so much attention to make sure it cleaned the dishes well it was a right pain.

philbert31
    Free Member

I’ve fit literally hundreds over the years, if you can afford it go for Miele, Neff/Siemens are also very good but a little easier on the wallet (last two jobs both had Siemens) after that I would go for Bosch.

br
    Free Member

Also a Bosch one, our second in 15 years. First one only lasted 5 years (it was repairable but I was abroad working, and my wife just bought another one). This one has done 10 years and works fine.

MrFannay
    Free Member

Built my kitchen 11 years ago and payed £385 for a mid/high end Bosch…. still working perfectly sometimes twice a day, bargain!

cinnamon_girl

My love affair with Miele ended yonks ago. Their older products, ie the ones I had in my other life, were great but the newer ones are shoddy.

As an example, within 2 years an engineer had to come out to my Miele fridge/freezer and after 3 years the Miele washing machine broke down. Well, considering I live on my own it certainly wasn’t from overuse!

Their products are noticeably less solid and I wouldn’t buy again.

So, for my small size dishwasher, I ended up with Siemans due to lack of choice. It’s OK but very lightweight and feels bargain basement although it wasn’t.

maxray
    Free Member

Cheers all!

geoffj

Depending on whats heating your hot water surely.

There’s 2 bits to this

1. The dishwasher will clean much better with the hot feed; and
    2. It’s not going to cost any more however you heat your water and for mains gas and oil users it’s going to be cheaper – even if it only takes advantage of the hot water when you’ve heated a tank for other reasons.

Stove + solar here means it’s cheaper and better.

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

philbert is spot on. I fit Kitchens for a living too, Miele are the best by a margin, followed by Siemens and Bosch, Beko, Indesit etc. will wash pots but that’s about your lot.

Do NOT plumb to hot either, not recommended by manufacturers and despite what people think, it’s more expensive to run this way.

derek_starship
    Free Member

Bosch for us. Eight years in and still doing its thing *touches wood*

singlecrack
    Free Member

I bought the cheapest Baumatic (integrated) Its only just broken now after 8 years of hard use ……

Fat-boy-fat

We bought a Miele to replace our busted Bosch at the beginning of the year. Huge difference in cleaning and I’m hoping that it goes as well as our Miele washer-dryer (12 years in and absolutely no problems).

geoffj

Do NOT plumb to hot either, not recommended by manufacturers and despite what people think, it’s more expensive to run this way.

Ours can be plumbed to either feed. Why do you think it’s more expensive to run?

hammyuk
    Free Member

IKEA – better priced and comes in a narrow version too 😉

lodious
    Free Member

Don’t buy AEG…a once great brand ruined by Electrolux. We have had one for about 4 years, and it’s total junk. We had them for 15 years previous and they were great.

emac65
    Free Member

We’ve had a Hot Point for 10 years that been trouble free & it’s used nearly as much as the washing machine(there’s 5 of us).It has a special pre-wash feature too.Boxer shaped,that shoves his fat ‘ed in there whenever the door is opened…….

blurty

Miele

You were right first time. We’ve hammered a Miele dishwasher for around 10yrs now, no sign of any probs whatsoever.

eye watering price to pay at the outset, worth it in the long run.

davosaurusrex

Put this integrated one into our new kitchen 6 months back. Quiet, cleans well, are Smeg generally well regarded? Seemed cheap at £260 to me.

http://ao.com/product/DI60121-Smeg-Standard-Dishwasher-Silver-27177.aspx

Got a Miele washing machine that cost £700 odd, doesn’t wash clothes any better than our old Hotpoint and when the door seal failed a new one was £120! The replacement appears to be a generic part too and I had to use a bead of silicone on the internal edge to stop it coming away. Meh. Wouldn’t buy another one.

Bunnyhop

Been very happy with our Miele

IanW
    Free Member

Ours broke last week(Bosch) and I much prefer to be without it. Its more hassle to load and unload the thing than get everyone to do a bit and clean up.

woodlikesbeer
    Free Member

We have a Miele – about 5 years old. It’s pants. It will only really clean everything if you wash the dishes first. My parents now have a Siemans which they don’t rate either.

davosaurusrex

Y’know I’m with IanW – my wife is mad keen on dishwashers but by the time you’ve pre-rinsed and loaded it up I’d rather just put the radio on and do it the old fashioned way. And then do the washing up.

Try the veal, etc.

ratadog

Bosch and Miele both have a good rep and can last well but as above they are expensive. We are just on our third Indesit since 1997 so averaging 8 years a unit and around 200ukp per throw. They usually run a couple of times per day. In the end a combination of water, salt and muck is going to do any of them in so rather have a cheap one last 8 years than an expensive one.

saleem
    Free Member

Our Bosch broke a couple of weeks ago after only 3 years, I thought it’d have lasted longer as it’s only cleaning fishes for two people.

hot_fiat

Bosch / Siemens / Neff. All the same machines just badge engineered to a different price point. Utterly brilliant, robust and very quiet. The aqua-stop feed pipe thingy they have fitted would have saved us two months co-habitation with a noisy industrial dehumidifier.

konabunny
    Free Member

Zbigniew + Süssmann. They’re hand made in Zug Canton, Switzerland and use German stainless steel, not the Russian crap. You need to tell them what elevation your house is at so that they can calibrate the blades appropriately. Get the ZS-650b, with the right rinse aid (I use the eco version of Eckelbø, which isn’t too expensive if you get it direct from the factory website at eckelboe.dk), it really makes the dishes come alive.

hot_fiat

Surely you want the ZS-700c as the ZS-650b is just a compromise? 😉

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Do NOT plumb to hot either, not recommended by manufacturers and despite what people think, it’s more expensive to run this way

Kind of depends on two things
    – whether the machine is designed for a hot feed
    – how long the dead leg is from your hot water tank – modern dishwashers don’t take much water. The risk is it take the cold from the pipe. And no more. The pipe is then full of hot water which cools down before the dishwasher needs more. .

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘What dishwasher dear hive mind?’ is closed to new replies.