Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • what disc brakes
  • kolorworx
    Free Member

juicy 7 or slx?,mainly for comuting/training help me decide guy’s

Northwind

For commuting and training? On road? Why do you want so much brake if so?

If it’s for a mtb the answer currently is Formula Oro from the Formula factory store, no competition IMO.

andrewh
    Free Member

For commuting? So therefore lots of use and little TLC if anything like my commuter. Avoid the Avid as the pads are a PITA to change, and are a nusicence to bleed.
    Not tried Shimano.
    Formula are good but probably not for your purposes, nice but pricy for a commuter.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

slx

coogan
    Free Member

SLX are awesome and a flippin’ bargain. But be complete over kill and wasted for commuting.

Northwind

“nice but pricy for a commuter.”

Set of Oro K18s with full kit is cheaper than a set of bare SLX just now. Not that either make much sense for a commuter.

travellingman
    Free Member

Go for a manufacturer that uses mineral oil not brake fluid. That’s Shimano, not sure about Formula.
    Brake fluid is a pain in the arse. Hygroscopic and it f**cks your paintwork. Mineral oil is pretty much maintenance free and doesn’t do any damage.
    A no brainer really.

andrewh
    Free Member

“nice but pricy for a commuter.”

Set of Oro K18s with full kit is cheaper than a set of bare SLX just now.

Fair enough.
    I’ve just been looking for some R1s for the spare bike but they are £silly. Just about justified them for the race bike. Lovely brakes though.

kolorworx
    Free Member

its just i have both so i’ll sell what i dont use just cant make up my mind as not ever used either.

http://www.kolorworx.eu

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘what disc brakes’ is closed to new replies.