Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • What 'different' bike-related channels do you subscribe to?
  • Malvern Rider
    Free Member

I chanced upon this guy’s channel recently and have been enjoying it massively. Somewhat of an affable Brummie windowcleaner whose almost total lack of ‘natural’ MTB skills are more than compensated for by tenacity and resilience. Seems to fall off most of the time, but he usually gets back on. My better half (who has no interest in biking) has been in stitches watching this. It’s bloody hysterical, and heartwarming, and motivating. And boring. But not. Kind of.

Difficult to describe the content, so I’m going with: Meticulous and meandering self-made mini-documentaries chronicling the progress of a beginner in the world of Mountain Biking and dirt-jumps. He seems to have started MTBing ‘late in life’. He also seems to have a new-bike-buying habit.

Brilliant! Wait, not one of you lot is it?

[video]https://youtu.be/fawneem1A4w[/video]

pnik

Ali c, bkxc, ben cathro, seths bike hacks, ifht, trailpeaks, nate hills, gmbn.

Ali Clarkson’s channelmis quite interesting, really enjoying Ben Cathro, bkxc amd singletrack sampler are getting a bit repetitive. Seth’s is up and down, but lots of variety.

prawny

I’ve watched a few of the guy mentioned in the OPs videos and they frustrate me massively so I don’t subscribe.

I discovered Cathro during the Fort Bill WC weekend so subscribed to that, obviously GMBN and GCN, Phil Kmetz is good, plus the usual syndicate/atherton/PB & Vital MTB lot.

Don’t watch everything though, just things that I short enough to watch while I’m on the bog.

km79
    Free Member

I discovered Cathro during the Fort Bill WC weekend so subscribed to that

He is pretty good, I hope he can find a way to make it work/pay and cover the whole WC circuit.

dumbbot
    Free Member

Sometimes i think i should learn to jump, then I watch Dave Jenvey videos and he is sure going to die a fiery death on a bike.I think some of us should just be wheels on the ground riders.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Pinkbike, occasionally Athertons, syndicate and vital cause sven is bonkers. Ews rick is doing good there too on the previews and sort of in the piss take tech vids

prawny

dumbbot – Member
    Sometimes i think i should learn to jump, then I watch Dave Jenvey videos and he is sure going to die a fiery death on a bike.

This is my view, I don’t take many risks because I’ve got a job and a family to worry about. He’s self employed and scarily out of control most of the time, gawd knows why he’s willing to take the risks he does. Hopefully he gets more youtube revenue than I do. I’m nearly up to $2 now! Whoop!

jamesg55
    Free Member

I’ve been playing around doing videos and its good fun. I also found dave’s videos from uploading mine and they do make me worry sometimes. what he is riding to his skill level is a tad 😕 at times. But then it is a good watch also. lol

spawnofyorkshire

PeterTistaken (Peter Taylor) on Youtube
    Funny Irish bloke who’s just moved to Whistler to live in a van with no money and a Pole 29er
    He’s the one who did the sweary course preview of the Redbull Foxhunt on a Shan HT

canopy
    Free Member

some of the above, and.. this guy https://www.youtube.com/user/bmxhomie07

its a blog style mtb / bmx channel. proper random and often funny, and he does some BIG jumps, buts it varies a lot including days out with his g/f, pugs, trips to his gran etc.

here’a a recent-ish one of a big jump

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YUQW9mOeYLY[/video]#

and this other local DH guy does a channel called “sick edits”. just riding, no BS

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpMm8ZpxC16Ont5texkS1qw

(both are local to triscombe, the quantocks / taunton/bridgwater area)

alexs96
    Free Member

I don’t know what constitutes as different but 50to01 are putting out really unique edits atm, focusing more on good vibes and fun with mates over out and out radness.

alexs96
    Free Member

Also thanks for sharing Daves channel most mtb videos make me feel like huge noob, when people make black runs look like a footpath.
    But after watching Dave ride Antur i’m amazed i survived a weekend there.

jamesg55
    Free Member

daves videos defo make you feel a better rider.

he is also making a lot of content and the number of people subscribing to his channel is growing quickly.

oldtalent
    Free Member

Jenvey is a growing legend I feel. How many more bikes can he fit on his sofa with the orange, jump bike & now the trek session!

oldtalent
    Free Member

Jenvey is a growing legend I feel. How many more bikes can he fit on his sofa with the orange, jump bike & now the trek session!
    Always look forward to his new videos & the inevitable crash.

nickscots1
    Free Member

Followcam Friday by Nate Hills is aspirational.

jamesg55
    Free Member

guessing I might bump into him soon as I’m in the midlands to.

Here’s one of my efforts encase anyone is interested

[video]https://youtu.be/8_zJWZKZAAk[/video]

copa
    Free Member

Dave Jenvey
    Ali C
    Dylan Stark
    Spencer Foresman

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Dave Jenveys videos are really good, have an admirable innocence about them, a brutal honesty.

ogden
    Free Member

Found one recently by a lad called Alex Chamberlain

wombat

Bookmarked for later

dan129
    Free Member

I’ve been watching Dave Jenveys clips and he’s a trier all right! I cant help but worry that he’s really going to come a cropper!

Is that room with the frying pan on the wall he’s entire flat?! and what’s on all those bits of A4 paper stuck to the wall!?

j4mesj4mes
    Free Member

I’m quite enjoying Francis Cade’s videos.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘What 'different' bike-related channels do you subscribe to?’ is closed to new replies.