Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • What did you replace your Octavia estate with…?
  • tomkerton
    Free Member

I replaced an Octy Esrate with a 2nd hand 08 plate Mazda 6 sport estate.

It’s ace.

servo
    Free Member

I replaced my Octavia 2009 1.4 TSI with a new Focus 1.6 180 bhp Estate.
    Much nicer to drive and I can easily fit a 29er in the back without taking the wheels off. Octavia had a bigger boot in terms of more litres but the wheel arches really intrude :|. Focus is nice and square in the back 🙂

burko73

Golf estate?

isto
    Free Member

Thanks for all the ideas. Leon estate looks a definite possibility. But looks like another Octavia is on the cards.

If you can get the new 2.0 TDI. Very economical yet powerful as well, so nice to drive. Not much in between it and the new tdi vrs and its quicker than the old one. If not too bothered about power the 1.6 TDI is plenty even though it is a big car it’s also a very good engine so copes well.

stumpy01

Bloke at work has just bought a brand new Octavia Estate – 2.0 TDi with 150bhp, I think.
    Trip computer was showing 61mpg on a steady run back from Heathrow yesterday, he reckons. And it’s only got 350 miles on the clock.

I was amazed by the amount of kit it comes with and the interior quality.

Seat make a bit song and dance about how the seats in the estate can be folded with a lever in the boot, but the Octavia appears to have this function too. Very neat.

My next car list is Leon estate or Civic estate, I think. Hmmm, whatever happened to boyhood dreams of Porsche 911s!?
    The challenge though is to get my car to 300k miles, so gotta wait another couple of years to replace it. By then there’ll be a decent amount of second hand ones on the market that are more in my budget!

flybywire
    Free Member

yeti 1.2tsi

ScoobysM8
    Free Member

+1 for the Superb. Lots of car for the money compared to something like a Passat, drives well and roomy. All that space in the back is handy when there are more than two of you going somewhere and is ideal given that I’ve got teenage kids

mikertroid
    Free Member

STWers,

Have come across a 1.8TSI Octy 4×4 and am quite tempted. Wondering if anyone’s had/driven one. On paper it looks reasonably rapid but ticks all the practical boxes too. My commute involves lots of country driving for 1h30 at any time of day.

Any thoughts??

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

We had a 2006 Octy vRS estate. Replaced it with a BMW 330I M-Sport Touring. Auto, every toy imaginable. Was a great car – better than the Octavia and the “much smaller boot” never really mattered. Its a few litres or something so just not noticeable in real life.

Only lasted 8 months though before we bought a T5 van.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘What did you replace your Octavia estate with…?’ is closed to new replies.