Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)
  • What did you do for Valentine’s?
  • zaskar
    Free Member

I guess some people think it’s a waste of time/money.

Just did the basic roses and chocolates which cost me bloody £70 spending money for the bike.

What would you have bought? (New headset would be nice)

twohats
    Free Member

WGAF

Ambrose

I baked heart-shape pink coloured vanilla shortbread bikkies and then a visit to IKEA followed by a meal in a ‘hard to get a table’ local pub/ restaurant, the local camra pub of the year.

SORTED for brownie point m’thinks 😉

djglover
    Free Member

I cried whilst I watched hollyoaks and **** into a sock.

IHN

I made a Bird’s trifle, had some reheated tuna pasta bake, watched King Kong and perved over MrNutt’s bird.

zaskar
    Free Member

Ah, I see all the singles hate this day… hahahah! 😈

djglover
    Free Member

I’m married with 2 kids 😳

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Rode my bike, trued some wheels, watched some telly, drank some whisky.

PMSL at djglover. Hollyoaks is ace.

RudeBoy
    Free Member

Ah, poor DJ!

Here you go, mate:

djglover
    Free Member

I’d hit it.

SlowJohn
    Free Member

i went to the pub watched the rugby told the missus id been working late
    just got home

xherbivorex
    Free Member

i had a curry at lunchtime with my ex (who is my best friend anyway), bought some bargain le creuset kitchen stuff in tk maxx then made socca (chickpea flour pancakes topped with caramelized onions and roasted cherry tomatoes) for our dinner… we never did anything ‘special’ on this day when we were together anyway so it was just like a regular saturday really…

zaskar
    Free Member

LOL@SlowJohn!

Ok so not everyone is doing romantic stuff/single/hate their significant other.

DJ can use you tissues next time, unless it’s not your sock.

But if it’s not your sock, then that means you’ve had sweaty feet on your best friend.

If you treat friends like that -what the hell do you do to your enemies? feed them the sock with the *ock?

2hottie
    Free Member

My gf doesn’t believe in valentines day, ACE!!!!!! anyhow been out to drop my little bro off, as he came round. he’s 10 years old and kinda wrecked the night by coming round! Hes never asked before, I was looking forward to steak and chips ofter the rugby but the misses said it would be wasted on him! the evening got worse as after dropping him off the **** car ran out of petrol 60miles before it normally would. So it was a lovely walk to the closest garage to get a can of fuel to get us moving again. I never thought it would be that emabrassing walking around with a petrol can!!!!! now home playing guitar hero on the wii drinking wine! and this is me supposedly getting ready for riding tomorrow! ps valentines day is dump!!!!

daveells
    Free Member

MAGIC!

zaskar
    Free Member

Great night then. Wish I didn’t ask now. Hope everyones’ day gets better!

zaskar
    Free Member

Wait a minute, when women say don’t bother e.g. Valentin’s, that means do bother!

Careful 2hottie!

SlowJohn
    Free Member

best of it is shes in bed and the kids, alan partridge is on the telly and cold cans in the fridge

Nick

Isn’t it all a con created by greeting card companies to sell more crap?

Still, found a card that I bought my wife a few years ago but forgot to give her, gave it to my son to take down stairs to her and 10 minutes later he came back with one for me and the message ‘mum just made this for you’ 😀

We seem to manage to know how we each feel without the need to reaffirm this through some bogus sentimenatal shite 😆

2hottie
    Free Member

Believe me when miss 2hottie says don’t do it you don’t do it!!!!!!!
    shes straight to the point trust me.

I’ve learned at a young age not to try an argue with the missues its just not worth it!!!

under the thumb

safest place too be!!

AlasdairMc

Bought her some flowers and perfume, she got me a really nice bottle of whisky.

Out for lunch and shopping for some jewellery, then spent the last 6 hours making wedding invitations.

I’m going riding tomorrow, I think I deserve it…

chvck
    Free Member

I actually did spend a large chunk of the day watching the Hollyoaks omnibus, then I went round a mates and had a few beers and did some mixing. It’s a hard life 😉

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I had a very nice evening last night. Not planned as a Val. Day thing at all, but she did bring me a single red rose!

A few years ago, a young lady asked if I would like to go to the pub, on V. Day. I’d been hoping to watch the footy. We get to the pub, then the footy comes on. Bonus! And she’d suggested it, so she could hardly have a go at me.

sparkywalts
    Free Member

Be free and single then you dont have to worry about spending money on crap! 😀

zaskar
    Free Member

Nick – Member
    Isn’t it all a con created by greeting card companies to sell more crap?

Still, found a card that I bought my wife a few years ago but forgot to give her, gave it to my son to take down stairs to her and 10 minutes later he came back with one for me and the message ‘mum just made this for you’

We seem to manage to know how we each feel without the need to reaffirm this through some bogus sentimenatal shite

Sure you don’t need to spend a penny to say I love you! etc. Besides it’s the little things you do that women notice-just don’t leave it till valentine’s.

Posted 56 minutes ago # Report-Post
    2hottie – Member
    Believe me when miss 2hottie says don’t do it you don’t do it!!!!!!!
    shes straight to the point trust me.

I’ve learned at a young age not to try an argue with the missues its just not worth it!!!

under the thumb

safest place too be!!

So True LOL!

squattingmouse
    Free Member

Bought her a bunch of flowers, did breakfast in bed and then cooked a nice meal in the evening. Very nice evening, no excessive costs either.

hora
    Free Member

Thai restaurant in West Didsbury. It was appalling food/experience. Never again.

brack
    Free Member

Breakfast in bed ( salmon avec le eggs), took her mountain biking for the first time,watched the rugger down the pub ( camra award winner), then a ruby in the evening.

Oh and we tried something new for the first time…which was nice.

I am such a giver.

brack
    Free Member

Besides the mtb 8)

Sandwich

Made Mrs Sandwich a romantic mix CD for the car, printed disc and case inserts. Card from Sainsburys and a quiet night in watching a film with white wine (her preference). Now getting ready for time in the Lake District.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

I’m in the bad books, Mr M-C had a nice dinner planned, I went to work at 0800 and didn’t get home until midnight!!! Got home we had planned NOT to do present and Mr MC surprises me with a lovely pair of earrings (to match necklace he bought for anniversary last year)… what a minx! I just bought him a measley token box of “I love you” chocs!!

I lost out on that one .. got some making up to do!

Drac

**** all!

AverageMark
    Free Member

Cooked a meal that gave us both food poisoning, both spent all night with one end or the other on the white throne. Can’t go riding today cause i feel so bloody ill. and i have a new bike to try out…. Sod Valentines day.

mema
    Free Member

My dude is away all weekend so on thursday just before he left I was given an envelope saying not to open till saturday, of course I opened it the moment he was away and inside was a mbr magazine and a card saying happy st valentines day and sorry for not being about to get a copy of singletrack!! 😀

Drac

So you dumped him then Mema.

rob1984p
    Free Member

Celebrated 2 years of singledom (to the day) by running errands, overhauling DH bike and mincing in the shed then went to hood arms in kilve; i’d highly recommend the place if your quantocks bound, they also do rooms and great food.

uplink
    Free Member

For the 24th year in a row – nothing

KonaTC

Bunch of red roses and white lilies with a card, went mounting biking, and watched the outstanding Welsh performance, then a meal in restaurant

Surprised myself normally it’s just a card

itchy
    Free Member

Took the Mrs out for a meal, got into anarguement with three blokes on the next table and ended up spoiling thenight – not my fault though, honest!

Harry_the_Spider

Went on a stag do. Go kating with the lads followed by a pi55 up. The missus stayed at home with the baby.

Perfect.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 42 total)

The topic ‘What did you do for Valentine’s?’ is closed to new replies.