Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • "What did you do during the great STW Jubilee argue-a-thon, daddy?"
  • CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

In years to come, when they ask, what will you say?

Spent all day arguing endlessly on a bike forum?

Not me! 🙂

Took the old steel Marin out for a lovely ride around the tracks and trails. Green fields, hedgerows positively burgeoning with life. Lovely. Lovely. Lovely.

Well, until I remembered that while my old skool Michelin Wildgripper Sprint semi-slicks (yes, the green ones) are all of the wikkid-fast in the dry, they’re awful at the merest hint of moisture.
    🙂

Still, a lovely day!

brooess
    Free Member

Took advantage of fewer cars on the road to have a relatively fuss-free hack on the road bike…

bigblackshed

Had a bimble with the family in the FOD.

sc-xc

Street party. Brilliant.

jam-bo

Went for a surf. 8ft foamie hire board and had the most fun I’ve had in years.

Retiring the short boards I think and getting me a fat boy flyer.

Sea was warm too.

TooTall
    Free Member

Went to Upfest and admired street art. Went to Grimsbury Farm and saw my daughters face light up once more to see the animals etc.

That was enough for me.

richardk
    Free Member

Cleaned up the detritus after the street party/my birthday…didn’t find any vomit but i think there was wee on the carpet in one spot.

Ran 21K, biked 50K and then watched plastic ducks racing down a stream.

Good weekend 😀

paulosoxo
    Free Member

We went to the lakes with the caravan, came home yesterday and went to South Shields today where I got addicted to the two penny prize slots.

schmiken

Something wrong with me. I read sc-xc’s post and read this:

rOcKeTdOg

Slept off yesterdays beer fest hangover, went to see Prometheus, did some gardening and Bond is on at nine, absolutely no jubilee at all 🙂

Northwind

Spent yet another day under a ford focus, whacking it with the full gamut of hammers from fine to coarse grade.

samuri
    Free Member

Went out for a ride this morning and am now the only sober person at a party. Joy.

CHB

Well today I took Cara the labrador from home to leeds along the canal.
    …Then we sort of kept on going.
    Eventually stopped at the cafe at bingley 5 rise locks.
    Ordered a humungous english breakfast…..shared with the dog who was famished after 25 miles of running.
    Train back to woodlesford.
    Good half day!

boxfish
    Free Member

Early morning bike fettling
    Playdoh-ing with ‘the monkey’
    30 miles of sunny evening road ride with 2 pub stops

Gorehound
    Free Member

Got drunk.

AD

Went round the back o’Skiddaw and then went to a street party in my village – only just come back to put kids to bed – fantastic!

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

Been out riding around the city and sorting out stuff for my new job. serviced a bike, sorted my camping kit, arranged the next trip, plotted routes for it.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

Rode Kirroughtree with my two sons, then into Kirkudbright for the Jubilee celebrations – flags, pipes, bands, lanterns, fireworks – these rebellious Scots know how to celebrate a Royal occasion. 😀

mrmo
    Free Member

spent today getting sunburnt walking on the north devon coast,

stevemtb
    Free Member

Let the legs recover from a weekend of riding to be ready for tomorrow’s ride, sorted out bikes and old biking gear, wandered round shops looking at cross bikes and tyres. Enjoyable lazy day!

colonelwax
    Free Member

Rode from Dollegau to Barmouth with Mrs CW. Ate our sandwiches with a coffee. Had an ice-cream. Sat on the beach. Rode back, stopped for a pint on the way.

Sat outside a cottage overlooking CYB. No TV. Listening to CSNY, with a beer.

This Jubilee thing’s alright innit.

Sue_W
    Free Member

Abandoned unpacking boxes in my new house …

– Rode my first Audax on Saturday: 110km round Anglesey, loved it!
    – Holed up for a couple of days with new chap 😉
    – Out in the mountains all day tomorrow

Fantastic weekend 🙂 Not sure what that Jubilee thing was though …

matt_outandabout

Walked the length of Loch Ericht with a great DofE group, after spending night at Ben Alder bothy. Sun shone, wind blew – Highlands at thier best!

athgray
    Free Member

Managed to go for a bike ride/hill walk in the Ben Alder area on Sat. Kayaked around Loch Lubnaig yesterday. Dipped my toe into the ‘argue-a-thon’ last night. I keep looking at the arguement threads like a rubber necking spectator. Some of these guys are argue olympians that have been at it for days. I am a bit scared to enter the fray now.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Sue, re bullet point number two……

😀

Athgray, argualympians, surely? 🙂

MrsToast
    Free Member

Today I minced across Dalby, and saw a young fox that stood right next to us. We watched him for a while, he just pootled about, foraged for insects in the undergrowth, and then sauntered off into the trees.

edit: Although I’m not a daddy. Also I saw a black rabbit in Dalby.

djglover
    Free Member

I have been to 3 of the local street parties. the kids loved it. to be honest id have sooner been doing someting else

oliverd1981
    Free Member

I fixed a thermostat fault on the air compressor and replace a leak detector (I’m at work, obviously)

Blackhound

Went to watch Mike Hall finish his round the world epic. Also 2 days in Wales over weekend. Tired now.

soundninjauk

Edited riding footage from this weekend at Swinley and a couple of weeks ago in the Lakes, then went to a couple of jubilee house parties. Good times.

Drac

Slept got up had lunch went back to bed in the afternoon got up went back to work. Same as must days really.

dawson

Yesterday, we went to an artists house and saw this on her drive

rhino made from old tyres

this in her hallway

man made from cardboard

then we went to a gallery and saw

mosquito on penny farthing

and then today I took the kids for a bit of this

StefMcDef
    Free Member
    yunki
    Free Member

same as I always do at this time of year.. went and sat in the park with my mates (and most of the rest of the town’s inhabitants) and drank fine booze whilst listening to live music..

cynic-al
    Free Member

Sorry CFH, I find this disrespectful to the Lodge of Big Hitters, and to be fair, you knock on its door from time to time.

I mean can’t you remember where you were during the “Aeroplane on a conveyer belt thread” – you’re too young for JFK’s death aren’t you ❓

rossi46
    Free Member

Im quite enjoying the argue-a-ton it’s quite amusing 😆

Anyway, i did a bit of this:

sugdenr
    Free Member

Drove back from Les Gets, whats the argue-a-thon this time?

ask1974
    Free Member

Just got back from a night ride – we timed it to attend lighting of the beacon at Gibbet Hill. The beacon was a bit of a limp biscuit but joining a thousand or so up the hill was fun. Great descent back home 😀

cynic-al
    Free Member

They set fire to a limp biscuit?

FOG

I had a pleasant pootle round the trails near where nutters had just run the Hallam Chase and saw next to no-one. However when I got back I found my Republican Her Indoors avidly watching Jubilee tat on the telly. I don’t understand why somebody who has spent years moaning about the monarchy wants to watch what was crap tv anyway!

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘"What did you do during the great STW Jubilee argue-a-thon, daddy?"’ is closed to new replies.