Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 312 total)
  • What did the postman bring you today?
  • everyone
    Free Member

Got a 105 rear mech and shifters yesterday and should be getting the front mech and some new bars through by the end of the week.

MrSalmon
    Free Member

Specialized Comp Road shoes, to replace my 7 or 8 years old pair- picked them up the other day to find the ridged strap that feeds into the ratchet bit had disappeared. Haven’t found it yet, can’t figure out what’s happened to it!

(Postie hasn’t technically brought them yet, I’ve got to go and collect them)

honourablegeorge

Northwind – Member
    XT 11-speed mech and shifter and a new chain, for the trailfox. And a shitload of wheelbearings from kaesae

Have you opened up the shoplifter to see if the indicator is removable?

The thought of that indicator on my new bike is bugging me, and I don’t even have the frame yet, much less the shifter.

ferrals
    Free Member

The thought of that indicator on my new bike is bugging me, and I don’t even have the frame yet, much less the shifter

I had the same thought so I just bought an XTR shifter, not massively more expensive and its not like you replace shifters that often.

Phonecall to say shops received new frame – cue a desperation to leave work!

fathomer

everyone – Member
    Got a 105 rear mech and shifters yesterday and should be getting the front mech and some new bars through by the end of the week.

New bike or upgrading??

I got a set of M8000 brakes and a KMC X11EL chain.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Bugger…

Phonecall to say shops received new frame – cue a desperation to leave work!

Ooo, what you got? Something nice and racey?

Northwind

honourablegeorge – Member

Have you opened up the shoplifter to see if the indicator is removable?

I left the shoplifter unmolested but yep, the indicator comes off with one screw. But there’s no cover supplied for the wee hole, which is a bummer- my old SLXs came with a cover! So I just taped over it.

It feels pretty good btw, a wee bit squishier than Saint but very positive and thunky. Slightly heavy action though, like slightly tired cables.

STATO
    Free Member

Just received a replacement Ortlieb handlbar bag bracket after my old one had a captive nut shear.

Many many thanks go to Lyon Outdoor (the UK dist for Ortlieb) for responding to my question about spare parts promptly and then sending out a replacement unit for free when it was realised the broken part was captive, despite it being over 5 years old.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

New stem and ESI grips for hardtail. Which brings me onto my next topic!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Today’s been a good delivery day

1. 10 X 0.6mm raw van ne’er sheets ranging from pink hew pear wood to fumed eucalyptus, I’m making some laminated wooden mudguards again and these sheets are some of the best I’ve had arrive in years!!!!

2. Six six one hoody and sombrio hi-top trainers (crc sale)

3. 22 boxes of spokes (work stuff)

Northwind

New belt for my lathe, so I can stop hideously bodging things and get back to tidily bodging things

thestabiliser
    Free Member

LOADS OF BIKE SCHIZZLE!!! but he’s given to my neighbours who both work in pubs so will be out when i get home AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

Scienceofficer
    Free Member

New under-warranty moco for my fork. yay! Thanks Loco.

longmover
    Free Member

A zee rear mech, Saint shifter and Blackspire bash guard are currently sitting on my desk.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

LOADS OF BIKE SCHIZZLE!!! but he’s given to my neighbours who both work in pubs so will be out when i get home AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHH!

sounds like a frickin good excuse to go down the pub!!

stcolin
    Free Member

There better be a 32gb SHXC memory card on my floor when I get home.

thomasgeorge
    Free Member

Not actually delivered, I had to collect

OCB
    Free Member

Ride #10 and a TNF Thermoball hoodie jacket (although strictly speaking, the jacket came via a courier company).

sssimon
    Free Member

Thomson x2 stem for road build just need to convince someone to buy me some fizik bars

fin25
    Free Member

Inbed 29er ss frame, seat post, headset, bottom bracket, qr skewers and a Kong toy for the dogs.

And a new toilet seat.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Park Tool TS2.2p Truing Stand and a Park Tool Nipple Driver. Should be collecting the base for truing stand from Halfords tomorrow after a Black Friday deal and British Cycling Discount.

everyone
    Free Member

Just an “enforced” upgrade to the road bike after the apex shifter decided to eat itself!

What’s all the shiny 11s stuff going on?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

The latest, 😀 and last ever 🙁 issue of The Ride Journal..

nre
    Free Member

Shimano M8000 XT 11 speed I-spec B shifter from Bike24.de!

ferrals
    Free Member

Got an early Christmas present from my wife to cheer me up as I’ve been such a miserable git after crashing last week and destroying the rest of my ‘cx seasons race ambitions.

Best espresso cup ever?:
    Espresso cup

fathomer

everyone – Member
    What’s all the shiny 11s stuff going on?

A Transition Scout in the spring 😀

rOcKeTdOg

A big stack of 35% off brake pads, a brake adapter & 12 bottles of assorted ales

thestabiliser
    Free Member

2 x zee 10spd shifters (only wanted one but must have hit the button twice)
    2 x 34 tooth fireeye NW rings
    1 x set ov v-brake levers
    1x cheap funn stem
    1x set of polaris shorts
    1 x set of sombrio trainers
    2 x ultegra chains
    1 x set of mavic winter boots
    1x sunrace 10spd 11-40 casette
    1x sunrace 10spd 11-42 casette

Well, that’s crimblemuss over for another year.

valleydaddy
    Free Member

Some gold bling from UberBike
    Some hope hubs from second hand bike shop in Bristol to build some razzle dazzle wheels for my Nuke need to decide on rims. Hopefully pick up some deals over Christmas

woodster

Specialized Boomslangs: My first ever fancy platform pedals and fancy is definitely the word. Or perhaps unforgiving.

Specialized Ground Control 29×2.3 Grid. £7.80 delivered off of ebay and it looks good.

scotroutes

AN Easton Haven stem from the classifieds. Shiny champagne silver should match my Ti seatpost

cokie

A turbo 😀 ! Sitting at home in a box. Can’t wait to see what it’s all about.

Tracey

A pair of boots from Hobbs, was hard to resist as they sent me a £100 voucher for being a good customer.
    650b Butcher Control, used my £20 Evans voucher they sent earlier this week.
    Its not what I’ve spent its what I’ve saved

rockthreegozy
    Free Member

A WTB Vigilante (29) and some Sweep Roughcuts (27.5)

mrblobby
    Free Member

A Scosche Rhythm+ HRM.

And most importantly a couple of bags of Rave’s Italian Job beans 🙂

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

For me:
    AM 45’s
    Funn Cobra flatties
    Tiagra 9s chain and cassette

For Daughter #1
    Fox racing knee pads
    661 gloves

For Daughter #2
    661 gloves
    661 kneepads
    Slim jim pedals
    Cube Access 13″ frame
    FSA Headset
    Alivio HTII Cranks
    Shimano BB

redhood
    Free Member

Frame Saver! 🙂

fasthaggis

and

bencooper
    Free Member

Model of a Welsh slate quarry. Click to see the tour video 😉

surroundedbyhills
    Free Member

Ben saw that on twitter this morning, cheered me up no end! Well done!

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘What did the postman bring you today?’ is closed to new replies.