Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 312 total)
  • What did the postman bring you today?
  • stevedoc
    Free Member

Nothing yet which is worrying as he is normally here for 9am , but been texted that my Crossmax wheels are en route

Gary_M
    Free Member

This

and this

Because I never ever remember which drawers have which tools in my tool cabinet.

I will no put labels on everything.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Gary_M
    Free Member

I did, I even labeled my wife’s breakfast plate this morning in case she didn’t know what she was having, the label read ‘Toast’.

She left a label for me that read ‘SAD BASTARD’, I was outraged as she hadn’t taken advantage of the upper/lower case feature.

isitafox
    Free Member

Hopefully the forks and wheelset for my dads crimbo pressie and there’ll also be a 24kg kettlebell and wrist protectors en route, not sure how to sneak that one past the wife though….

ahsat

Some winter tights…look ok for £40.

Not quite as exciting as the jacket I am very tempted to order…

mrblobby
    Free Member

New SID XX World Cup forks… 🙂

willard

Another load of protein supplement. The happy joy of post; yesterday I got a notice to complete a tax return.

Tracey

650b Pikes 160/130 travel thanks to Bird MTBs weekend sale

ndthornton
    Free Member

A used fire extinguisher for Tubeless Tyre inflator project Mk2 ( stubborn Fat Bike tyre Inflator)

gonzy
    Free Member

he didnt bring me anything today, but while i was away ion London yesterday, he kindly brought my valve core removal tool…now all he has to do is drop off my bottle of Stan’s sealant!!

Saccades
    Free Member

Not a SNZH57K…

29th October it was picked up.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Got a

1. makita 240v 5″ and 9″ grinder’s

2. a pack of pact coffee

3. some 188mm orange coloured BMX spokes than I have to cut down and re-thread to 166mm for the (ultimate uncle present) 1953 sunbeam winky trike I’m restoring and upgrading for my nephews first bike. Pics once finished.

4. Thomson stem for my ogre in 70mm

5. A large stack of H plus son rims that I’m gonna be building up this afternoon 14 in total plus a stack of DT Swiss R460 rims 20 of to build up as I’m running out of off the peg wheelset a for customers again.

6. A selection of stainless lugs I’ve had made at the local foundry with 5 and 6 inch long collets to machine and mitre out for a new arty road frame I’m building

That’s it for today

mrblobby
    Free Member

A large stack of H plus son rims

Recently built up a set of Archetypes on Ultegra hubs. Really lovely ride to them. Quite surprised at how much nicer they feel than the OpenPro / 105 wheels they are replacing.

honourablegeorge

Tub of SRAM fork grease from Amazon, a 661 Comp full face for my 7 year old from the CRC Black Friday sale (Xmas present), a set of 29er 140 Pikes for me from Altricks,

nedrapier

2 pairs ESI grips and some SS cassette spacers from Charlie TBM

XTR 10spd shitter, SLX brakes, SLX mech, XT cassette, caliper mount adapters from b-d.de

wobbly AB chainring, 2 x shiny 8spd KMC Chains, 2 x shiny 10spd KMC chains, 2 x 180mm rotors from CRC

lunge

My competition prize from PedalEd/Road.cc. A nice box full of summer road gear. It looks lovely.

Daffy

Archetypes are lovely rims.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

So easy to build with and good VFM local road club riders round now swear by them must of done 150 pairs this year so far can’t beat them ordered a set of SL42 rims in 24/28h for myself after build a pair up they came in a lot lighter than I first anticipated will follow with a write up once built and a few miles on them

stilltortoise
    Free Member

Today the postie delivered a new rear mech after mine sheared into two pieces at the weekend.

mrblobby
    Free Member

So easy to build with and good VFM local road club riders round now swear by them

Yes, not the lightest build (a fair bit heavier than what they replaced) but really do roll very nicely indeed. Width seems to work very well with 25c tyres too. Also Shimano cup and cone hubs, beautifully smooth, well worth any perceived extra maintenance hassle!

Look good too…

The postman did bring me the hubs fairly recently so not entirely OT 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Knuckleball Chewy Carbon bars today to pimp my Fatty.

stevied
    Free Member

A new battery and rear light from Smudge.

loddrik
    Free Member

American Classic All Mountain 26 Wheelset. Which I’ve now found can’t be converted to15mm so I have to change my bloody forks now.

Coyote
    Free Member

A new head tube badge for my Orange P7!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

new Floating points album :

Back stretcher thing that was cheap on Amazon deals :

Reindeer fur cat wand replacement toy, which is useless as it sheds fur all over the place and the cat has already ripped the front loop from it :

(thought it might work as he eats a lot of venison)

Vole cat wand replacement toy, which the cat has already destroyed :

nedrapier

loddrik – you sure? not even with the threaded tubey thing and different bearings?

loddrik
    Free Member

Nope. Apparently the 20mm hub cannot be converted. Only 15mm to QR and vice versa.

Tracey

Back can be but front cant. We have both 20mm and 15mm hubbed wheels in the garage, depending on which bike/forks are used but will be moving the 20mm Lyriks on now my new ones have arrived. Great wheels and hubs though.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

A really nice chainring from Velosolo and stainless bolts has turned up today. Fitted and happy with it.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Postie brought me rather a lot of these…

Basil

Stans Hugo from that nice man Charlie

gonzy
    Free Member

my Stan’s sealant arrived today minus the measuring cup….not a happy chappy!! 😡

Tracey

Non of mine have come with the measuring cup. I use the top of a washing liquid bottle which is marked up to 125ml

cokie

New wheelset to finish the build! WTB I35’s on ProIIs. They’ve been signed for by the next door neighbors. This evenings task is setting them up tubeless and then onto the gears and brakes.

core

Yesterday – TranzX dropper post from Zee Germans, £80 delivered!

Today – 4 cheap shit tyres from blackcircles, mine are all shot on my focus, and hope to get rid asap.

firestarter
    Free Member

Cheap deore brakes from merlin

And hopefully tomorrow some on one floaters 😉

matty456
    Free Member

A pair of red 5 10 free riders, canvas free riders, impact lows and shimano am41’s! All in the sales, 2 pairs will be going back though. Can’t decide which yet!?!

slackalice
    Free Member

2 Hutchinson Toro’s in 2.25 and 2.35 X 27.5″ flavour, thanks to the classifieds on here. Big thanks to Mr T for speedy despatch.

The narrower one is destined for the front of my pyga and looking forward to getting out 8)

yunki
    Free Member

just bills

Viewing 40 posts - 121 through 160 (of 312 total)

The topic ‘What did the postman bring you today?’ is closed to new replies.