Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • What Dartmoor inn for xmas dinner..?
  • yunki
    Free Member

I’m looking for a really cute place with accommodation and great food..

Whaddya know hive…?

ta 🙂

tomkerton
    Free Member

2 bridges hotel is really good, quality rooms, middle of no-where, great food – but I’ve not done Christmas.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

Gidleigh Park is just lovely

fionap

Two Bridges is good, food is great (based on Sunday carvery) but the whole place is extremely traditional! Not particularly ‘cute’. Lots of wood panelling, oil paintings, Range Rovers, black labs etc.

I’ve heard good things about Gidleigh Park too.

Other suggestions: The Elephant’s Nest nr Mary Tavy (western edge).
    The Dartmoor Inn, Lydford (north-west).
    Hotel Endsleigh (in the Tamar valley, not within the national park, but close, really nice and very classy.

huckleberryfatt
    Free Member

White Hart in Moretonhampstead is nice too (have eaten there but not stayed there). And Bovey Castle is great at Christmas (and very family friendly–there’s even Lego room service) although the food is better at Gidleigh imho.

jam-bo

Peter Tavy Inn do good food but no idea if they have accomadation.

wallop

Ring O Bells, North Bovey

yunki
    Free Member

nice one folks.. plenty to think about there…

any more for any more?

hamishthecat
    Free Member

Teign valley so just east of the moor – the Nobody Inn in Doddiscombsleigh is excellent. Truly epic whisky list too.

I stayed the night at the Lydford Arms in Lydford about 20 years ago and it was good – not really a reliable recommendation though… 🙂

You could get separate accommodation and then go to the Northmore Arms for lunch. Excellent tiny pub at Wonson near Throwleigh on the north side of the moor. Or a bit of wild camping and then lunch at the Warren House – although it is a bit basic.

fionap

^ You’d have to seriously desperate to go the Warren House! Out on a long walk last year and we ended up there in need of sustenance. If anyone saw Jamaica Inn on the BBC…it’s basically like that, but with a generator.

jam-bo

You’d have to seriously desperate to go the Warren House!

maybe. but its rammed every weekend this time of year.

elliptic
    Free Member

+1 for the Ring of Bells, it’s exactly what you’re after, this was our lunch stop on last Sunday’s ride:

Woulda been rude not accompany it with a couple of these although it did lead to err… slightly reduced athletic performance in the afternoon 🙂

yunki
    Free Member

You’d have to seriously desperate to go the Warren House! Out on a long walk last year and we ended up there in need of sustenance. If anyone saw Jamaica Inn on the BBC…it’s basically like that, but with a generator.

Nice view from the beer garden though 🙂

(Jamaica Inn is actually a cool place to visit too)

ontor
    Free Member

I’d go for a wild-camp behind the warren house.

Elephant’s nest is nice, Gidleigh is amazing (and affordable for lunch by the way).

Rugglestone in widdie might be a nice choice as might the cleave in lustleigh, both have cracking rides from the door too…

crispybacon
    Free Member

Old Police Station Cafe top grub & great service just get in before the blue rinse coach turns up 🙂 or The Hound of the Basket meals van @ Houndtor car park 😉 hth

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘What Dartmoor inn for xmas dinner..?’ is closed to new replies.