• This topic has 11 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by cy.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • What Cyclocross bike with disc brakes for under £1000 ?
  • spesh
    Free Member

I’m looking for a new commuter/training bike and have decided to get a cyclocross bike with mechanical discs.

If possible, I want to buy on Cyclescheme so need to keep below the £1k mark.

Any suggestions for bikes that meet this spec ?

stever
    Free Member

Boardman has a good spec, if you can find a shop interested in selling you one.

clubber
    Free Member

Boardman CX Team for £900 looks pretty good.

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/cx/cx_team.html

pixelmix
    Free Member

Boardman looks like a good spec and weight for the money. Cotic X is worth a look as it can be had for around £1,000 (though I’m not sure if the disc model sneaks under £1,000)

Xylene
    Free Member

There is a kona for under a grand with disc brakes

geoffj

Can you get Boardman bikes on Cyclescheme? I thought they were only from Halfords, who didn’t do Cyclescheme.

spesh
    Free Member

I’d spotted that Boardman. Very well spec’d but I don’t think there’s any way of geting it through CycleScheme 🙁

finnegan
    Free Member

I think I read that On One does Cyclescheme, so a Pompetamine Versa is worth a look for £799 or £749 with straight bars, or a Planet X Uncle John.

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

Look at Poison bikes, some interesting things here

simondbarnes

Specialized Tricross Sport Disc?

cy

The X Weekday Disc with steel forks comes in at £975.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘What Cyclocross bike with disc brakes for under £1000 ?’ is closed to new replies.