Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • what CX handlebar tape?
  • iain1775
    Free Member

It’s mainly a commuter or used on roads but during the summer those commutes do involve going home the long way, off road
    Need to replace the handlebar tape, after something with a bit of padding and long lasting / durable
    Like the look of Lizard Skins DSP 2.5mm after Chipps review in issue 78 but would anyone recommend anything else, o have any experiences of it
    Too give you an idea what sort of feel I like favourite MTB grips are ODI Ruffians or TLD’s and the thicker Sunline logo ones although obviously on road probably something a bit thinner

aP
    Free Member

Fizik tape lasts a long time in my experience.

Gary_M
    Free Member

Yeh I would recommend fizik tape, lasts well but just don’t stretch too tight when fitting.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    pixelmix
    Free Member

I’ve had the lizard skins dsp on the CX bike and really like it. Pretty hard wearing and comfy.

simply_oli_y
    Free Member

Lizard skins now also do a 3.2mm if you want something fatter…

Waderider
    Free Member

I like Lizard Skins, but if you do big miles you’ll find it has a plastic top layer that wears off. The feel is lovely for the first few thousand kilometres though. I use Lizard Skins, but also rate Cinelli Gel and Bonty tape.

iain1775
    Free Member

Bonty on it at the mo (it’s a trek)

STATO
    Free Member

Cinelli is my personal favorite. Goes on well, nice and stretchy with a good amount of squish for padding and you can unwind to replace cables etc. which you cant do with Fizik (it just tears due to the glue, which is needed to hold it in place due to not stretching)

boxelder

Specialized phat tape here.

STATO
    Free Member

Phat tape is great for comfort if you only want single layer tape, tho i found it less durable than Cinelli. After a yr it looked a bit tired and was starting to lose chunks where rested on walls on dropped/crashed. 1yr is still pretty good and you might want to replace after that anyway.

Spin
    Free Member

Bontrager gel tape double wrapped. Comfy and lasts for ages.

jameso

1st choince is Cinelli. Bontrager tape is nice too. std foam/cork Velo tape from loads of brands is good but doesn’t stay cushy as long (will do a season of heavy use or a up to year on the road bike tho)

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘what CX handlebar tape?’ is closed to new replies.