Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • What CX bike for £1k?
  • edward2000
    Free Member

Im interested to see what I can get through the cycle to work scheme, yet my knowledge of CX bikes are limited. Any suggestions would be welcome

Thanks

Gary_M
    Free Member

I think we do this one most weeks 🙂

I recently bought a boardman cx team, reduced to £800 and got it for around £600 (vouchers, bc discount, etc). It’s a cracking bike, 1*11, hydro discs, and I’m very pleased with it. Had I paid full price I’d e just as happy.

Depends what you want it for though, proper cx racing or the ubiquitous gravel riding? I use mine for a mix of forest tracks, singletrack and minor roads.

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

Arkose X 2017 worth putting in your possible list, IMO.

If Evans had a branch in Southampton, I probably would have test ridden an Arkose in the last ~5 years and pulled the trigger if it felt good.

Gary_M
    Free Member

I have an arkose 4, I prefer the boardman for off road riding. The arkose is a great commuter though.

allfankledup

Mate is selling a kinesis race cx bike for a K. Thankfully he is only short, else we’d have another bike – not letting the mrs see the advert in case she wants it…

bornonaboat

Cannondale caadx 105 for £999 from Edinburgh bike when you call or email them.
    It’s a quality frame that can race or do the hipster gravel stuff.

https://www.edinburghbicycle.com/cannondale-caadx-105-2017.html

core

Genesis Vapour, 2 Alu models under £1k

edward2000
    Free Member

Thread ressurection – Still considering this and there must be some deals about now? Any other suggrestions with a nice discount?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘What CX bike for £1k?’ is closed to new replies.